what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Added a Grado SR325X to the collection. Great headphone for classic rock and good old fashioned rock n roll - AC/DC sound incredible.

So the list now reads:

Headphones
Grado SR325X
Denon AH-D7200
Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro
Sennheiser HD650
HiFiMAN HE400i
Sony MDR-1A
AKG K702
Sennheiser PX100

IEMs
Moondrop Starfield
Fidue A73
Brainwavz B150
Brainwavz B100
RHA MA750

Did you ever try out the 560s? Think it was you I saw on SBAF?

Man of Honour
Have to say I'm happier with the Sony MDR EX650AP now I've added an inline volume control to tame the sensitivity which also seems to cure the at times out of control treble. Though they don't quite have as open sound as I like especially with the volume control in the mix there is a tiny touch as if hearing sound through a cardboard tube, etc. but a lovely crisp punch to lower mid-range.

Another headphone though which are interesting to use as a novelty but I wouldn't want to be stuck with them as my normal day to day option.

Soldato
Oh yeah it was Ryan lol. And huh, headband lottery? We back to the breaking crap of the 595s?
There were a few batches of the HE400i and HE560 that used a dodgy plastic mix for the arms that hold the ear cups. This led to a LOT of them snapping with no real stress required. Problem was made worse because the replacements could well have been made using the same mix, so people were going through multiple pairs before they got a good one and by that time all trust had gone. I was lucky, my HE400i had a good one and is still going strong now, albeit with Dekoni Sheepskin pads as the originals fell apart after 12 months

Soldato
There were a few batches of the HE400i and HE560 that used a dodgy plastic mix for the arms that hold the ear cups. This led to a LOT of them snapping with no real stress required. Problem was made worse because the replacements could well have been made using the same mix, so people were going through multiple pairs before they got a good one and by that time all trust had gone. I was lucky, my HE400i had a good one and is still going strong now, albeit with Dekoni Sheepskin pads as the originals fell apart after 12 months

Oh, I think we got our 560s confused - I meant the HD560s!

Associate
Started with the Fidelio X2HRs, went to the X3s and while they fix the muddy bass that sometimes comes on the X2s, and I actually like the build/style of the X3s better, there was just something 'missing' with them. So I went back to the X2HRs, such a good value headset to buy at the moment given the price of them. There is something quite cool about the really industrial look of the X2HRs.

Had the DT900 Pro X's arrive today and first impressions are really good. Will probably sell the X3s at some point given I've barely touched them and keep the X2HRs along with the DT900 Pro X's. Really wish Philips hadn't changed the sound profile of the X3s as much because they're a lovely set of headphones, with the option to be balanced.

I do have to say I prefer the memory foam used in the Fidelio ear pads as well, and they are a bit bigger than the DT900s. Anyone with big ears might find the DT900s quite snug, whereas the Fidelio's definitely give more breathing space.

I tune my headphones to this https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets with Equilizer APO and Peace. This video while a little long and rambly does at one point show how to read the preset PDFs and put the values into Peace for your headset https://youtu.be/uWQ-DtHe24E

All headphones run through a Fiio K3.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My 1st 'proper' open backed headphones, retiring the Dan Clark Aeon closed after trying these.

pD4TC9W.jpg

Top Bottom