what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Sennheiser HD555's :cool:

They fit my head perfectly, so much so i tend to have them on most of the time I'm at my PC. I also use them for movies as I cant always have my surround system on and I like to watch movies with the volume up.

Associate
Sennheiser HD650 + Equinox cable
Sennheiser HD280Pro
Alessandro MS2 (grado variant)
Beyerdynamic DT880
Yuin PK1,PK2 - earbuds

I was a manic headfier a while back, now settled on the above. HD650 for pure comfort reference listening. MS2 for jamming out too! (any grado/alessandro will do that) and the DT880 (least used) for some deep bass. The Yuin PK1's cost me around $60 dollars, it is deceptively cheap looking - standard throwaway buds style but boy does it perform well. Use it for my portable needs.

Caporegime
Sennheiser HD650 + Equinox cable
Sennheiser HD280Pro
Alessandro MS2 (grado variant)
Beyerdynamic DT880
Yuin PK1,PK2 - earbuds

I was a manic headfier a while back, now settled on the above. HD650 for pure comfort reference listening. MS2 for jamming out too! (any grado/alessandro will do that) and the DT880 (least used) for some deep bass. The Yuin PK1's cost me around $60 dollars, it is deceptively cheap looking - standard throwaway buds style but boy does it perform well. Use it for my portable needs.

Did you join headfi by any chance?

Soldato
M-Audio Studiophile Q40's - a very good pair of headphones, very balanced sound. Chose them on the basis of replicating sound well as I do some mixing work at home and therefore needed some headphones that didn't emphasise any part of the spectrum.

Soldato
AKG 240 Studio
Ultimate Ears 700
Grado SR60
Audio Technica ATH-ES7
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms
Sennheiser HD600
Koss Porta Pros

I don't really have a favourite, but for pure fun it would have to be the Beyers.

daz

daz

Soldato
Koss Porta Pro Very good portable headphones for the price. Great bass response even from weak portable sources, excellent for listening to movies when travelling.

Koss Pro 4AAT Titanium These are difficult to describe. They have a superb amount of isolation and a good frequency response. I really like them, and they are my favourites for rock music and classical. They don't quite have the bass response of the Sony MDR-XB700.

Sony MDR-XB700 These are very much a "fun" headphone. A ridiculous amount of bass response, but they are lacking in isolation and they also have a recessed mid-range which makes rock music sound not so great and very bloated, but this can be fixed with a little EQ fiddling. Anything bassy sounds awesome on these headphones (e.g. rap), especially when powered from an amp.

Sennheiser CX500 These again have quite a bloated, bassy sound signature. They are suitable for listening un-amped to portable sources. Theu lack the clarity of the Ultimate Ears.

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 When I first got these I hated them. I thought I had wasted my money. Using an amp, and a little EQ "fixed" them however, and I now really enjoy them. They don't have the bass response of the CX500s but they do everything else much better.

Back
Top Bottom