what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Just got a set of HD595s, yes i know many people are saying they are identical to the 555s, but this is a christmas present, so whoop :D

First set of proper headphones i've had, sick of listening to muffled garbage coming out of a pair that probably cost around 20p and a reach around to buy.

Associate
Just got a set of HD595s, yes i know many people are saying they are identical to the 555s, but this is a christmas present, so whoop :D

First set of proper headphones i've had, sick of listening to muffled garbage coming out of a pair that probably cost around 20p and a reach around to buy.

Prepare to be awe struck, Get some tunes on with Nice solo vocals and put that volume up. Make sure you've got a pillow under your jaw first though.

+ a good idea to just leave them constantly playing all day/ over night for a good 50+ hours when you first get them, they do sound better the more they are used. Enjoy ;)

Associate
OP
They apparently sound identical to the K701s (which I had a pair of recently, and sold). They're very detailed, but to the point of almost sounding artificial. Not much bass, pretty crap for metal/rock due to harsh highs (and will have you wishing they were a little less 'analytical'), relentlessly unkind to poorly recorded material and a bit flimsy. Very, very good for jazz, but simply awful for hip hop, electronica, rock, metal, drum & bass etc (basically anything with bass or lots of cymbals). I also found they had a weird plasticy resonance at certain frequencies, for instance when a rimshot was played, it sounded like somebody was tapping the earcup with something hard.

I saw a picture of some ages ago, and promised myself a pair. They were my holy grail for ages, but were ultimately rather disappointing to my ears.

thanks for your input, definitely been put off them then, my DT 150's seem to produce very nice lows and accurate highs its just id rather know whether to keep them or put £120 towards something better

Soldato
UE Super.Fi Pro 5's, not the newer ones after Logitech bought the company out. Saving for some ACS T1 customs or something from Jerry Harvey... but I'll probably stick with the former because it's all done in the UK so less hassle if I need refits and more impressions made. Never really been into cans, esp. for commuting where they'd get most of their use. Mess my hair up too. [/limp wrist]

Soldato
Saving for some ACS T1 customs or something from Jerry Harvey... but I'll probably stick with the former because it's all done in the UK so less hassle if I need refits and more impressions made.

Weather permitting, my ACS T1s should arrive next week, exciting!

I'll try to post some impressions after I've used them for a bit. I'm a bit rubbish at describing what I hear though.:o

Associate
i've had a set of bose quiet comforts for the past 2 years, worked really well on planes, i eventually used them everyday and even for the gym (not ideal but i HATE in ear headphones) and they are a bit battered.

just picked up a pair of QC1.5's the upgraded model today, havent tested them yet though but i can imagine they are same if not better.

Soldato
Another HD555 owner. Had them for about 2 years now and despite a large crack forming on the right side I still wear them everyday because they are so comfy and sound amazing.

Associate
Future Sonics Atrio M5s

Future Sonics Atrio M5s

I love my tracks with deep bass so after headfi.org spun me around a few times, I pulled the trigger when my Shure e2c's died a horrible death and I've never looked back! So much so that I've just bought another pair as my originals are getting a bit tatty but that's expected after three years of ground pounding with them all over the world

Soldato
Senn HD-25 II - Out-n-about, commuting and lazy at home

Grado HF-1 + Millett Max amp - Home

Really don't feel the need to upgrade and haven't been near head-fi for about 2yrs since I got the senns. Will eventually pickup some HD650s, but then some sort of amp like a woo audio will be needed and I have more important things to spend my monies on atm.

Associate
JVC HA-RX700

206897541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom