What Helmet do you own and why?

Associate
Shoei Quests are very good helmets for the money, tried one on the other day and fits nicely!

if you can stretch get the xr1100 as its a better helmet all round though.

I own an x-lite X602, it cost me £250 3 years ago and is still the same price now.
Mine is the smallest shell as i have a tiny head and only weighs about 1.3kg, so very light!

Used to work at hein gericke so tried a lot of different lids on!

Soldato
Any helmet is good as long as it has approved sticker on the back and that it fits your head properly (some safety regulations and I think all helmets sold in UK shops will have this). Just go to any local motorbike shop and try few helmets and buy the one you like most.

Helmet prices vary from £50 to over £500 (more expensive helmets will be lighter).

I would strongly advise to get a helmet with a pinlock insert straight away, it’ll cost you more to buy but you will never regret it. Pinlock is your best friend during rainy weather or when it’s cold. You will never get any fog at all (everything else I tried to combat fog in my helmet just didn’t work at all).

Also if you are buying your first helmet then go to a local shop and they will help you find the right size for your head.

Personally I wouldn’t spend more than £100-£130 on a helmet.

Permabanned
Nitro F347 VN

Good helmet but cost me quite a bit. Was about £130 when i bought it. They're £90 now. Flip front, build in sunglasses. Good quality protection. E13 safety mark.

nitro-347vn.jpg

Soldato
I bought a Shoei 2 years ago, Spot on, only thing that gets me with lids is, as pretty as they look for you and the fit. You still need to actually ride with it on to see what the sound level is like. But I dont think shops allow this. As a lot of lids differ with the sound levels they reduce.

Also good advice about pinlock. It is spot on, Never ever fogs/mists up.

Last edited:
Associate
its not all about the safety ratings.

you can spend £100 and get a 5* rated helmet...or you could spend £600 and get an arai RX7-GP which is 4 stars.... or even for £469 get an arai quantum...which is 3*.

I know which id rather get.

if your looking for our first lid youve started well at the shoei quest.

Dont go lower than that now youve had a look at it.

Make sure you get the best fit possible for your comfort.

Soldato
Got an AGV S4 and a Shark RSX. Bought the AGV because it fitted very well, was heavily discounted and I liked the plain silver/black design. However, it's quite a noisy helmet with a fussy visor retaining system so bought the Shark shortly afterwards and been very happy with it. Both 5 star rated, but that's just a bonus.

Soldato
I've been looking at the quest for my first helmet. Tried one on the other week in a L and it fitted perfectly.

It'll probably be the one I end up with unless I splash out a bit more and go for a xr1100.

Soldato
XR1000 - it was a good fit :) I don't expect it to offer any more protection than the £100 caberg it replaced, but it is lighter and the material is softer and plusher :)

Soldato
Shark S900 in matt black.

Why?

Because it fits me better than any of the other hundreds of helmets I tried in half a dozen shops, it also looks good in matt black and was a bit of a bargain. Job done.

Soldato
Just try loads on and see which is the nicest fit, they all appear to be different!

Also remember when they are new they are tighter than they will be a few months down the line so bare that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom