What iPhone 4 accessories are you considering?

Associate
Got my Power support screen protector that i ordered from ebay a few weeks ago...was under the impression that it was a front and back protector but seems like its only the front protector :/....havent really had a chance to look at it but it did say on the pack that its the HD anti glare film set...checked the ebay sale and im sure it said it was both front and back...ebay listing now says its only front...which you get 2 protectors.

Anyhow nevermind, im going to put the front protector on altho at the moment i have a boxwave anti glare protector on the front but the boxwave one i ordered a few weeks ago came with both front and back...so ill just keep the back protector on and stick the front power support one on.

How are you finding the Power support screen protector?

I can't decide my one. Used Martin Shields before on other phones and liked it very much, but they don't seem to do one that covers the whole front rather just the screen and no back cover either.

Caporegime
How are you finding the Power support screen protector?

I can't decide my one. Used Martin Shields before on other phones and liked it very much, but they don't seem to do one that covers the whole front rather just the screen and no back cover either.

Its ok but ive noticed that the Power support screen protector on the front doesnt really cover it all...seems like theres a small gap running from the left side...so the screen protector doesnt actually cover the full screen :/.

Ive tried re-applying it ie lining it up but still theres a gap...pretty shoddy workmanship if you ask me...makes me wonder if the one i got was a factory reject...got it from a guy on ebay as it was cheaper than they are here.

Ive taken it off and put another one el cheapo one on and thats a much better fit tbqh....id stay away from Power support tbqh if thats how their screen protectors are made.

Soldato
My bumper was dispatched Thursday night. It better actually fix the signal issues. Luckily I never have an issue when phoning people as I don't touch that area of the phone, but it can get annoying when browsing etc.

Soldato
My bumper was dispatched Thursday night. It better actually fix the signal issues. Luckily I never have an issue when phoning people as I don't touch that area of the phone, but it can get annoying when browsing etc.

Sorry to disappoint you mate but it doesn't fix the problem. Still lose 2 bars if signal whilst holding it. I.e. No 3G for me.

Soldato
my Speck Pixelskin HD arrived today.

Nice case, feels well made albeit a bit basic. Fit is very snug. However, it does add quite a bit of bulk to the iphone (i'd go very used to the svelte foot print of the iphone 4) and there is no screen protection.

Biggest annoyance is the power button, no feedback at all, you just push on the plastic stub covering it and it goes on and off. Hard to describe but i just don't like it.

I think i'll be looking for something more slimline, and a screen protector, which is the best screen protector so far?

Associate
Nope it doesnt...which i find very strange as surely its an official accessory but yet doesnt seem to fit in the iphone4 dock...ditched the bumper as i dont see the need for it anymore i dont suffer from signal loss issues as it is.

I don't believe any iPhone case has fit in the dock unless your using the universal one.

Caporegime
is the iphone 4 a snug fit in the dock? the carbon bumper doesnt look very thick and was hoping it mite just squeeze in.

Yep its a pretty snug fit...well mine is.

You have a point, im hoping it doesnt make too much of a difference as essentially the carbon bumper is a piece of crabon fiber film from what i have seen of the videos...still waiting for mine to be delivered...should be this week hopefully.

Soldato
The capabilites of the iphone 4 are quite impressive, the only thing that lets it down is the touch screen controls for some games. I BADLY want something like this...

iControlPad
30rv28o.jpg

or the

gPod
35akahu.jpg

Is anything actually available to buy yet?

Caporegime
Got my carbon fiber bumper and back for my iphone4 this morning...havent had a chance to put it on but i did have a look at the bumper and it doesnt seem too thick so hopefully it wont cause any issues when i use it with the dock. Saying that its the 3M stuff that my brother from Canada took a big tube back with him to carbon fiber his car lol....so its pretty decent stuff.

I'll be putting it on tonight if i get a chance...got to spend time with the fiancee as well so hopefully ill get a spare few mins to myself.

I went for the carbon fiber bumper that has the sim cut out slot as you never know when you might need to use it.

Got it from here, ordered last monday and arrived today: http://www.carbonbumper.com/

Last edited:
Caporegime
is the iphone 4 a snug fit in the dock? the carbon bumper doesnt look very thick and was hoping it mite just squeeze in.

Just to report back, got my barbon bumper and backing...just put it on and its perfect...theres absolutely no issue with the bumper and dock...its not that thick nor is it super thin....just about right.

Im on my way out but if i get a chance i shall try to post some pics up of the carbon fibre backing and bumper but to say i pretty damned pleased with the result is an understatement.

Soldato
i just received mine this morning, did you find that the bumper strip didn't quite fit? I had problems around the lock button so ive had to cut it at the bottom and do it in 2 pieces. it overlaps at the top which they say is normal but it also overlaps by a millimetre ish to the left of the dock.

i also go the back piece, im pleased overall but considering they say its laser cut so fits perfect it doesnt quite.

Back
Top Bottom