What iPhone 4 accessories are you considering?

Caporegime
i just received mine this morning, did you find that the bumper strip didn't quite fit? I had problems around the lock button so ive had to cut it at the bottom and do it in 2 pieces. it overlaps at the top which they say is normal but it also overlaps by a millimetre ish to the left of the dock.

i also go the back piece, im pleased overall but considering they say its laser cut so fits perfect it doesnt quite.

Yeh i found that also that the cut outs arent perfect but my bumper went on pretty easy...lined up perfectly but the lock, volume and speaker cut outs werent perfect.

Soldato
Cut outs on mine are perfect. I like it, gives you more to hold onto, especially when calling people. Pretty much solves the signal issue as well.

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
my Speck Pixelskin HD arrived today.

Nice case, feels well made albeit a bit basic. Fit is very snug. However, it does add quite a bit of bulk to the iphone (i'd go very used to the svelte foot print of the iphone 4) and there is no screen protection.

Biggest annoyance is the power button, no feedback at all, you just push on the plastic stub covering it and it goes on and off. Hard to describe but i just don't like it.

I think i'll be looking for something more slimline, and a screen protector, which is the best screen protector so far?

I was really disappointed with the HD pixelskin. I really liked the silicone pixelskins for previous iPhones, this one's hard plastic, bulky, very annoying sleep button as you mention. I don't like it, and almost immediately went back to my ever growing collection of brightly coloured eBay bumpers :D

Associate
I purchased clearcoat and invisible shield full body protectors and use the clearcoat screen protector and invisible shield rear and sides.

I had the entire invisible shield on my previous iPhone 4 but read that the clearcoat is clearer so figured that was good enough for me to get as clear a screen protector as I could find.

If the current setup wears out and or falls off I can use the invisible shield screen protector with clearcoat rear and side protection.

I have a black bumper received as part of the case program but not currently used and an incase snapcase clear on the way.

Apple also gave me £100 to spend in the apple store free so I chose the apple remote (can be used with a lot of the other apple products in my home), component av cable and universal dock. This totals £93!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Not sure if it is the best palace to post, but seems fitting...

Anyway, anyone reccomend a decent set of headphones? Must have Mic and controls like the stock ones, but with better audio quality.

Looking at the following, but they seems to have their issues... (dodgy mic posititon, noisey cable (!) etc)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-S4i...TF8&coliid=I1UM027NBT18WR&colid=2RM0I96N9FYQH

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scosche-Inc...UTF8&coliid=IRKCLOZSMUGO1&colid=2RM0I96N9FYQH

Any others that are worth looking at?

Caporegime
OP
How much is decent? Id recommend looking at Shure as they are gonna bring out a new headset cable so you can replace the normal cable - but you are talking £150+

Do a search here as I had a thread asking the same question - didnt really find the perfect answer without spending a few bucks - might be worth bumping that too...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Yep was just gonna link that...

I found it hard to choose without user reviews but those are quite thin on the ground when it comes to decent (for music) iphone headsets it seems...

I ended up with Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vis, mainly as I changed my budget to £50 as the range between £50-£100 didnt have any show-stoppers (Shure do something in that range but its not meant to be that great and it is the bottom of their product pile) and I decided against going over £100 too. With Shures new cable I may change my mind - the SuperFis are ok, but do suffer from cable noise and arent as bassy as I hoped (I didnt realise how much bass I like)...

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Whats the Mic and controls position like?

The Klipsch S4i's have them way down the cable, which seems totally pointless to me....

I really like the location of the standard apple ones for that reason.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
No volume control on the UE SuperFi's... May just be a deal breaker... Gutted coz they look like they were going to be the winners for a moment.

Associate
I don't know if this is naughty to post this here, but am selling a Power Support HD Anti-Glare front + Crystal back in the MM (here).

Just a heads up in case anyone doesn't want to wait 3 weeks ordering one from the States.

Caporegime
OP
Cant you use the physical buttons on the phone? How often do you change the volume?

There just arent many actual good headphone manufacturers making phone headsets with all the iPhone controls - though there are many iPhone accessories manus who will make headsets with all the controls, but Id question if they are good phones to begin with...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah your right. :(

Well the phones is always in my pocket, the volume goes up and down all the time depending on what i'm doing and what the track is! :D

I need volume on the controls.....

Looks like i either go for the Apple in ear ones, or the Klipsch S4i's...

Both are a compromise but i'd have to pick the S4i's for looks and sound quality i guess... I dont want iPhone looking headphones.

Caporegime
OP
Mines always in my pocket - still find it easy to press the volume buttons without taking it out of my pocket :p

The S4is are stocked at the Apple Store - could be worthwhile going down and see if you can get a demo or something? Not sure if they still do that...

Soldato
2 Gelaskins arrived today.

Vampire one on my phone now.

e8a43da9.jpg

52915c5e.jpg

Soldato
just got my iphone4 and need a case for it

dont know which ones are good, ive used incase slider for my 3G which was awesome but i see the incase slider for the 4 isnt out in the UK yet.

just want it to protect the corners and back but not too bulky like the otterbox defender :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom