What iPhone 4 accessories are you considering?

Associate
My bumper is slowly killing itself , theres a bit missing in the top left and top right corners so it doesn't hold the phone as tight and the top of it seems really loose , also noticed theres a rather nice split just above the dock connector , time for a new case i think !

Soldato
the more i look into cases and reviews the more the Otterbox Commuter stands out for me.

not as hardcore as the Defender and not as bulky as it but protects it pretty well.

going to have a watch of more reviews me thinks.

Soldato
Have many people got Gelaskins and are happy with them? Wouldn't mind one for 4 weeks is a bit long to wait!

Anyone heard of iCarbon? They do a nice white skin. Might get a custom Gelaskin and fast shipping but $35 is a bit much, do they last?

Soldato
Anyone heard of iCarbon? They do a nice white skin. Might get a custom Gelaskin and fast shipping but $35 is a bit much, do they last?

There's loads of companies selling the 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl material pre-cut for the iPhone/iPad. The 3M DI-NOC definitely is the best carbon vinyl out there though - I've got a roll of it somewhere.

www.carbonbumper.com was one of the sites to start selling it pre-cut for iPhone 4.

Caporegime
There's loads of companies selling the 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl material pre-cut for the iPhone/iPad. The 3M DI-NOC definitely is the best carbon vinyl out there though - I've got a roll of it somewhere.

www.carbonbumper.com was one of the sites to start selling it pre-cut for iPhone 4.

Thats where i ordered my carbon bumper and backing...have had it on my iphone4 for over a month and still looks good as the first day i put it on...dont have to worry about scratches or scuffs now.

Funnily enough its the same stuff that my brother took back to Canada...took about 10metres of the stuff to carbon fiber his roof and various bits on his Nissan GTR:p....crazy guy he is:p...but he sent some pics of his work and i have to say it looks bloody nice on the car.

Soldato
Have many people got Gelaskins and are happy with them? Wouldn't mind one for 4 weeks is a bit long to wait!

I have 3 Gelaskins and I think they're excellent. They do take a while to arrive but I think mine were worth it.

This si the one currently on my phone.

e8a43da9.jpg

Soldato
Thanks ElliorR! I think I'll order one today on the quicker delivery as I don't fancy waiting a month. Just ordered some Spectra Wrap to snazz it up a little bit more. Only going for a plain white Gelaskin with retro Apple logo on it.

Illustrator and uncompressed PNG version of the above available here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/od1scfbuvjwe0d4/Apple Retro PNG and AI.zip

Just in case anyone wanted to edit it slightly or a clearer version :)

Last edited:
Soldato

I initially bought one for my iPhone 4 and was so pleased with the vinyl like quality that I bought one for my uMacbook and just yesterday one arrived for my iPad as it'll keep the back nice and clean for when I sell it next year!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainz/5107085531/

Amazon UK sell them too, they have a limited selection though compared to the full site, which does have a seriously long delivery time (more than 4 weeks imo).

Soldato
Just a heads up for those with invisible shields... I placed mine between my legs on an air-plane seat for 30 minutes or so, picked it up and half of the shield had pealed away with the action.

I guess they 'bonded' together with a bit of heat. Was annoying as it was when leaving the UK too!

Associate
Just a heads up for those with invisible shields... I placed mine between my legs on an air-plane seat for 30 minutes or so, picked it up and half of the shield had pealed away with the action.

I guess they 'bonded' together with a bit of heat. Was annoying as it was when leaving the UK too!

I've heard this happens a lot with te Zaggs.

Commissario
I've fitted a Creative Vinyls back cover and bumper to my iPhone 4.

back_iphone-20101106-102242.jpg

They say
Here we have a back cover & 'bumper' (this constitutes a strip around the edge of the phone, not an enveloping rubber surround - see photo) for the iPhone 4 – in Black 3M DI-NOC 'real' carbon fibre VINYL- the most authentic (and expensive) on the market and much thicker than printed carbon vinyl - the very best! Please use Google to look it up as some people think they are getting real carbon fibre.

3M DI-NOC Carbon Fibre is a flexible PVC film with a black woven carbon fibre pattern with a ridged feel to it. Designed with special adhesive and air release channels for faster bubble-free application, the carbon vinyl has excellent adhesion and flexibility, allowing it to be used with ease on many surfaces by complete novices.

It went on quicker than anything I've ever stuck on my phone before, maybe I got lucky with the placement but it took just one attempt and was done in a couple of seconds. The 'bumper' strip took a little longer but the whole installation procedure from opening the envelope to being done was probably no more than two minutes!

Caporegime
I've fitted a Creative Vinyls back cover and bumper to my iPhone 4.

back_iphone-20101106-102242.jpg

They say

It went on quicker than anything I've ever stuck on my phone before, maybe I got lucky with the placement but it took just one attempt and was done in a couple of seconds. The 'bumper' strip took a little longer but the whole installation procedure from opening the envelope to being done was probably no more than two minutes!

Exact same thing i have on my iphone4 as well...but got mine shipped from America and they did various colours ie white being one but i ended up going with black...have to agree with you that it was the most easiest thing i have ever put on lol...i got the bumper and back as well,.

Back
Top Bottom