What is fundamentally flawed on your car?

Soldato
Sat Nav screen is really low down in the dash, it's nowhere near being in your field of view.

Also the jacking point covers fall off if you sneeze at the car, hence mine are duct taped in place along the underside out of view.

Soldato
You cannot turn off the lights only auto, side and full. It’s annoying as the lights come on far to easily sometimes which dims all the displays in the car making them hard to see.

Man of Honour
You cannot turn off the lights only auto, side and full. It’s annoying as the lights come on far to easily sometimes which dims all the displays in the car making them hard to see.

I noticed that in most of the new vans we get at work now - I haven't investigated to see if there is any other option but it seems just a rotating switch with auto, side or full is the only possible settings.

Soldato
The skipping is nothing to do with the 4WD system but its to do with the Ackermann angle of the steering wheels or lack of. Surprised about the power going to the front wheels as Mercedes tend to be rear biased and fixed unless you have 4Matic+
this guy had found swapping out run-flat tyres alleviated it - the noise is horrendous though,
there must be some delicate control of the torque re-distribution if the tyre jumping through lack of angle causes that judder, wonder how it behaves with 4 wheel steer options..

Soldato
this guy had found swapping out run-flat tyres alleviated it - the noise is horrendous though,
there must be some delicate control of the torque re-distribution if the tyre jumping through lack of angle causes that judder, wonder how it behaves with 4 wheel steer options..

Dont have run flats on mine but as you say, swapping out tyres to ones that are more compliant usually fixes the issue. Its the running of anti Ackermann geometry that is the cause from what I can understand

Soldato
Done that already, unfortunately. PS4S didn't have any effect on it for me.

Soldato
not yet my car ... looks like overclockers should be in this market - is issue independent of what programs are running on the infotainment system.

tesla recall to fix touchscreen issue
Tesla MCU3 infotainment computer (what Ryzen system is actually called) uses liquid cooling.
It shares the same thermal management cooling loop as HW3 (which runs AutoPilot) and control temperature of the battery packs. Hence fast charging reduces overall cooling capacity for anything on the coolant loop.

Soldato
Found two things on my model Y but one has since been fixed via a software update:

- Child locks - You can only enable/disable both back doors together. Every time I take my parents out I have to open the door for them or disable the child locks at the end of the journey - Now fixed
- Charging cable lock - The car is keyless entry but you have to either get in the car first and press "unlock charging port" then get back out to remove the cable, or load the app on your phone and unlock it defeating the point of keyless entry.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soft-closing doors on my 640d coupe - if the seatbelt blade is in just the wrong position it gets jammed between the door and the seat when closing. The motors of the soft-closing doors are very powerful so it's the seat and door card leather that gives and get punished and you have to open the door again to unjam it. Also the rear seats are a second thought on such a large car, not suitable for anyone aged 9 or above but I knew that anyway!

Back
Top Bottom