• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is the best 'brand' for a Radeon RX 580? MSI? Asus? XFX?

Associate
I'm finally thinking about upgrading the GPU in my 2012-build from a R7850 2GB and I'm considering an RX 580. I'm keen to stick with AMD because I run a Hackintosh and they don't play nice with nVidia cards.

There are a few different brands of this card, though, so I'm wondering whether there's any hard and fast rules about which ones are better/which should be avoided? Anyone have any advice?

Caporegime
Sapphire Nitro / Powercolor Red Devil / MSI Gaming X / Gigabyte Gaming OC - look to be among the best I've seen reviews for.

Associate
OP
Get a 590 faster and cheaper, Gigabyte is £154.99 for weekend only deal here!

Aah thanks, I appreciate that but I live in the USA now so probably not cheaper for me...! I'm looking at used ones for about $100 (£75) here, though I am seeing reports that the 570 8GB are only marginally slower than the 580, but much cheaper....

Soldato
Aah thanks, I appreciate that but I live in the USA now so probably not cheaper for me...! I'm looking at used ones for about $100 (£75) here, though I am seeing reports that the 570 8GB are only marginally slower than the 580, but much cheaper....

You can get new 570 4gb's for around $110-$120. 580's for about $150. 590's for $165-180.

If it were me, I'd be looking at a 580 8GB or stretching to a 590, if it was on a deal. If you are planning on keeping the card for a few years, do your best to get an 8GB in my opinion.

Best brand for AMD right now? Sapphire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom