What is the best case fans now?

Associate
Hi guys, I thought my GPU/PSU had coil whine, I've had this problem for over a year but I recently changed my GPU again and the noise was still there so I pulled out an old hose that I could hold to my ear and started investigating my PC to find out what the hell was causing it, It turns out my Corsair AF140 on intake on the top of my Corsair Air 540 case is buzzing or has coil whine, It was driving me insane so I will be replacing it/them.

What's the best fans to be looking at performance and quality wise? I have some Akasa fan controller.

Associate
OP
Before you replace are you undervolting the fans currently?

I actually have no idea, How would I find out?

It's a Akasa FC Six Fan controller, It's just knobs so I can't see which voltage I have them at etc, I assume I am though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like my BeQuiet Shadow Wings fans. I have 3 120mm fans at the front of my Corsair 540.

Do you have any pictures of your case? Are you watercooled? As heat rises, the top fans should really be exhaust fans. You may not even need them.

Caporegime
I have all my fans hooked up to the motherbaord then have them running in smart mode and set the volts and temps myself.

system runs very cool and quiet but it does have around 7 fans and no GPU

Associate
OP
I'll echo Freddie. That top intake will be doing you no favours. Remove it :)

Is that rear fan 140mm?

I have removed it, Can't stand listening to the buzzing, Yes that is a rear 140mm AF140.

Plug it straight onto your board for testing and see if the noise goes.

I tried and it's even worse because I can't slow down the fan with my motherboard, MSI Z77A G45, It can't put fans below 50% speed in the Bios.

Back
Top Bottom