What is the best router for Virgin 20mb internet?

Associate
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the best wireless routers for using with Virgin Media internet moddems? I have a 20mb contract and really need to get decent wireless connection upstairs.

I used to use an Asus WL-500GPV2 Broadband router 11g, 54mbps x2 USB (still sitting in its box) but ended up with around 1/2 mb connections via wire and wireless due to it seems incompatability. Well that is what they said on the phone as only got good connection speed with the PC directly connected to the moddem.

cheers

Soldato
I will also say that be sure to google the router along with the names of consoles you own (for example).

A friend of mine purchased a router (sorry name I can't remember) and it was great on his laptop and PC, but his PS3 would fall over on it. When he searched it turned out to be a weird thing with the router where it would drop the signal to the PS3.

Associate
OP
What is the best PCI card (or PCI-E) to use with this?

I am assuming wired connection to teh main PC as it's in teh same room, so only need a card for upstairs, and what sort of internet speed connection can I expect?

Am I right in thinking this has a USB2 port and can I could hook up an external HD to it?

Back
Top Bottom