What is the car I'm looking to buy? (5k)

Soldato
OP
Hmm, well it seems like I hadn't missed anything in particular. I'm sure most of them I can get sub <£1000 insurance of those suggested so far if I phoned around a bit.

Think Postcode is reasonable, have 3 years NCB.

I seem to not be too fond of the Swift, but I have no idea why :s

kd

Soldato
Hmm, well it seems like I hadn't missed anything in particular. I'm sure most of them I can get sub <£1000 insurance of those suggested so far if I phoned around a bit.

kd

Drive one, they're a good laugh and a pretty honest little thing

Soldato
I too was thinking Swift Sport, even though it doesn't match all of the requirements it is close as I could come up with. If you could be specific about why you don't like it it would be easier to suggest something else.

Associate
It all points to a fiesta st. The image thing is difficult with the requirement to keep it small. It's going to be difficult to find something with an 'aspiring business man' image and powar and less than 7 years old for less than £5k. I think something's got to give way. Which is the least important?

Soldato

kd

You should definitely be able to get it a fair bit below £1,000 on the fiesta. I insured mine last year when I was 21 for around £700 through the comparison sites. That was with 3 years NCB and expecting to to upwards of 15k on it in that year.

Associate
Insurance will be very high, I looked myself. I don't know why, even the 1.7 was well over £1000, when a Integra Type R was <£1000. I'm assuming Alfas are considered a higher risk due to theft?

I was looking to change car and I saw a 1.6 impreza that caught my eye and I went about looking at insurance and they wanted more money for it then an S2000 or Integra Type R . To me insurance companies can be abit mental at times with quotes .

Back
Top Bottom