What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Associate
Mine has to be this...

I was about 12 and I was chatting to my dad in the front reception room.. There's a door between the front reception room which leads on to another reception room which are both indoors.

My mum was asleep upstairs and there was no body else in the house. All of a sudden, the door handle started shaking violently as if someone's trying to get out...

Totally freaked out, we both went towards the door and the handle stopped shaking. I opened it immediately and there was nobody there.. there was no way in which anyone could have done a runner from there in a matter of seconds as the reception was quite large with two internal doors...

To this date, I still have no explanation as to what happened that day..

Soldato
Not sure if it's the creepiest but it was certainly odd.

Slept around a cousin's house once and there were a few of us sleeping on the living room floor. They had some pretty big, heavy hifi speakers on stands either side of the sofa.

That night one of the speakers fell off the stand but the stand didn't move, we all woke up and saw it so it wasn't just a dream. :confused: As I said, they were not exactly small speakers so **** knows how it fell.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doing a ouija board with 3 mates when I was about 17.

It was about 1am. It told us one of our mates, that lived in Manchester, was overdosing. So we got in the car and drove down the M56 toward Manchester.

Just as we got to the junction that leads to Manchester Airport my mates car engine blew up (loud snapping noise) and the car stopped working (later found out the head gasket had blown).

We pushed the car down a side road near the airport and then walked to the taxi rank and got a taxi back to mine.

The taxi cost us EXACTLY how much money we all had on us.

When we got in we put our fingers on the ouija board again and it said, "hahahahahahah".

This was 12 years ago.

Yes, we got trolled by a ouija board...

Man of Honour

It was about 1am. It told us one of our mates, that lived in Manchester, was overdosing. So we got in the car and drove down the M56 toward Manchester.

Just as we got to the junction that leads to Manchester Airport my mates car engine blew up (loud snapping noise) and the car stopped working (later found out the head gasket had blown).

We pushed the car down a side road near the airport and then walked to the taxi rank and got a taxi back to mine.

When we got in we put our fingers on the ouija board again and it said, "hahahahahahah".

This was 12 years ago.

God that's freaky! My mum used to tell me to never, ever use a ouija board when i was young. She wouldn't say why however whenever I pestered her about it. But she was sure I should never use one, and I haven't to this day.

Soldato

This was 12 years ago.

Awwww hell no.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Had some man come to the door when i was about 12 and home alone and ask

"Have you ever killed a man"

I nearly pooed my self

Soldato
No, he was fine. We did try to call him before we decided to get in the car but he wasn't at home.

Oh right. How did you know where you were going then?

I'm not doubting your story but I probably wouldn't have left the house at 1am because a board told me to. Still, very odd indeed.

Man of Honour
Mine has to be this...

I was about 12 and I was chatting to my dad in the front reception room.. There's a door between the front reception room which leads on to another reception room which are both indoors.

My mum was asleep upstairs and there was no body else in the house. All of a sudden, the door handle started shaking violently as if someone's trying to get out...

Totally freaked out, we both went towards the door and the handle stopped shaking. I opened it immediately and there was nobody there.. there was no way in which anyone could have done a runner from there in a matter of seconds as the reception was quite large with two internal doors...

Well, it wasn't a ghost, I've been to tens of mental asylums and hospitals, places where people have died and suffered and not seen a ghoul yet!

Spontanious Magnetic-*****&giggles more like it :p

Please fully star out all swearing in future, you've had to change a character to get round the swear filter, why was this not a clue that it wasn't ok.

Associate
I fell down on a rainy day really badly but i was surprised that the cup of tea i was holding didn't even lose a drop. Up to now i don't how it happened.

Soldato

This was 12 years ago.

If that's true, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while :D.

Soldato
Yeah, I love all this stuff so I'll get in on this lol.....

A small part of my business is installing basic wireless networking in large homes, offices and in this case a residential care home for the elderly.

We had finished the cabling and installed the Wireless Access Points so the only thing left to do was take the manager around and make sure that he was happy with the wireless coverage before we took payment.

Anyway we're walking around with a laptop and going into each room and chatting when we get to this particular room with an elderly, disabled lady sitting with headphones on watching TV (she's deaf) - we're actually not inside the room just outside talking and have been for around 2 mins I'd say before the door to her room slams shut...

You see that's actually not the weirdest part (oooh door slams shut Super who gives a **** right?) - anyone with any knowledge of these places knows that many of them have magnetic, centrally controlled 'door stops' which release the door as a fire prevention method but this is typically when the alarm goes off OR there is a fault. neither was the case here.

So anyways I say to the manager: "that's a bit weird right?" - now I really feel the need to set this up because it's hard to 'get' if you weren't there - The manager is a great NORMAL guy, not even a little weird - easy job, jokes all round free food the works but his reply to my question was, with a totally blank expression "Yeah we've got a ghost - have had her since way before my time here" to which I laughed as though he was **** taking so then he says, again blank faced "no seriously - The staff have seen her more times than me - they complain when I put them on the nursing station upstairs in case she shows up" - then he just carries on talking about the signal as though he's just told me the time of day. that , for me was the weird part

So obviously I go back later and try to replicate the issue, check the windows (ground floor so locked for security) in case of a draft, manually release the door stop and let the door close on its own and it's on a mechanical arm so closes about one quarter / third of the speed it slammed at.

The thing that jars me is the manager thinks nothing of it. I thought he was winding me up so i went and spoke to the assistant manager and she is really just annoyed by the whole thing rather than being scared - she says she doesn't tell anyone because it's "stupid".

the "Ghost" is one of the old nurses aparantly...I thought i'd be a resident.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine has to be this...

Rules of children #1: If your dad was there, it was almost certainly him.

Man of Honour
When I was much younger my mum and dad left me at home for the first time while they went for a weekend away. While watching TV at 2AM (go me!) I heard moms jewelery box playing upstairs - you know the type with a ballerina that spins and plays a tune when you open the box? As I walked in thier bedroom the tune stopped but the lid was open. Not thinking much about and being of a scientific mind, I closed the lid and assumed it had been left open and it was just the music spring/spindle tension letting go. However, about half way back down the stairs.....yup, the tune started playing again. Crapped myself and didn't go back up stairs until the next day. For some odd reason I felt secure downstairs with my faithful dog at my side lol.

A few weeks later my mom asked if I or any of my brothers had been in her room as something had gone missing - my nans wedding ring which was kept in the jewelery box.

Permabanned
I have 2 younger sisters and when we were kids we made an ouija board on the back of a tray. We used it many times (despite Mum telling us not to) and not much happened until we asked it about a family friend who was expecting her first baby. It gave us the date and time of birth, the weight of the baby and the name it would be given.
Next morning, a knock on the door, it was the new father, telling us that Pat had had the baby. All the details were spot on and we were so spooked we threw the tray away and never tried ouija again. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom