What is the legal age to smoke in the UK?

Soldato
I was ID'd for cigs today at 22 years old. I haven't been carded since I was 17 - It felt good :)

I got ID'ed by a copper at the till when I asked for some fags after I had already paid for them. I handed him my ID and he asked me how old I was, I said '18' and he handed my my ID back. I'm 17, that was rather scary considering the fine you can get :o

Associate
It isn't really that odd, it is to protect children, it does mean there are a few silly incidents where 2 underage people get done when who cares if they are both under age or someone takes a picture of themself. bit hard to abuse yourself!
But mainly it works in protecting children from older men/women.

good simple law that mainly works, to get rid of these weird loopholes it would have to ber very complex.

I don't mind smoking and drinking being 18 either. I was stupid at 17.

Still, once you are 18 you should be able to do as you wish. which you can't that annoys me more. /rolls up a fat biff.

Also having to look 25 to buy cigs, wtf. that makes me mad, they say it isn't personal but it is because they have judged my appearance and insulted me by saying I look under 25.

If it was a maximum age and they started guessing womens age it wouldn't last long.

I leave all my stuff on the counter, cause a fuss and go elsewhere.

I get annoyed when I get Id'd but I am only 19... But also agree that when you turn 18 you should be able to do as you wish. Legalize it I say ;)

Back
Top Bottom