What is the main enemy called in Black & White (2001)?

Associate
I am trying to register on the bwfiles forums, in order to respond to their guide to get it running on Windows 10, which isn't working for me.

There's a security question, which is:

"What is the main enemy called in Black and White 1?"

Well I am on the forum in the first place in order to get the game running, so how am I supposed to know that? How are people who didn't play it back then (or don't remember) supposed to know?

Anyway, a quick search using Google didn't bring much up. I've tried Evil and Devil but they did not work.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Googled ‘Black and white 1 game’ - first result was the wiki page. Couple of lines down was the answer. Wasn’t being sarcy?! Just answered your question. Seems you got out the wrong side of bed good sir!

Associate
Wasn’t being sarcy?! Just answered your question. Seems you got out the wrong side of bed good sir!

Im not sure, I read it as being quite sarky :). But luckily I got out the correct side of bed today (Never did understand that phrase's origin) even though I've had my first near death cycling experience on the way to work (I say near death, a driver pulled out in front of me but I'd seen that he hadn't seen me so had stopped)

EDIT: And I've now spent far too long reading that wiki. Ah, the good old days :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Im not sure, I read it as being quite sarky :). But luckily I got out the correct side of bed today (Never did understand that phrase's origin) even though I've had my first near death cycling experience on the way to work (I say near death, a driver pulled out in front of me but I'd seen that he hadn't seen me so had stopped)

EDIT: And I've now spent far too long reading that wiki. Ah, the good old days :)
If you sleep on a cliff edge, that phrase can be quite profound.

Associate
I googled it. Goes back to Roman times superstition about getting out of bed on the left side was unlucky.

@King_Mustard Since you've got the game can you download 'ahem' another copy somewhere without any DRM? It may not exist though.

EDIT: How do you do that @ thing correctly?

Soldato
Loved it. Loved the creatures. Used to run one of the big creature fighting clubs on one of the forums.

Loved the eccentricities you could get training the creatures. Had a near perfect one. Used to water my crops, loved my villagers, impressed and converted neutral villages with stories etc. Only part of his training i apparently didn't quite get right was a bit awkward though... Turns out all the fireballs i threw at the enemy village, teaching him the spell and the best use... Well he thought i apparently was throwing them at the pigs. There was never a single pig left on any island with that creature, he'd even snipe them across the map.

Another used to attack enemy villages with the basic, useless, lightening spell. But if one villager ran off on their own, that one got the super mega bolt spell that drained all the creatures energy.

Back
Top Bottom