What is the MG ZS like?

Caporegime
Hello all,

recently pulled in is a blue '04 reg MG ZS with a 2.5L V6.

I've only seen the car from the outside, it's got some light damage on the front, drives fine (so I'm told).

I quite like the look of yet, I'm going over to have a closer look at it on the weekend then see if I can get an insurance quote on it...

Question is, do people know much about them here?

running costs? common issues? avoid like the plague?

Looks like a tidy motor all in all hadn't even considered one of these as a next car for a year...

thoughts? :)

Associate
I like these. 180bhp and no issues with HGF. Is it a hatchback or a saloon model? I've always preferred the saloons of these for some reason. Also, on an 04-plate is it the facelift model without the twin lights? If so, these are even nicer IMO.

Soldato
They are nice cars, Rover really sorted the handling out on the 180 despite the slightly heavier engine and they have quite reasonable performance. The KV6 doesn't tend to suffer from the head gasket problems of the 4 cylinder engine, but do check for any cam belt damage.

They tend to be a bit thirsty however, and they are in tax band F which is going to sting a bit when the increases come in.

Caporegime
OP
They are nice cars, Rover really sorted the handling out on the 180 despite the slightly heavier engine and they have quite reasonable performance. The KV6 doesn't tend to suffer from the head gasket problems of the 4 cylinder engine, but do check for any cam belt damage.

Cheers bud :) I'll get a full service and check done on it if I buy it.

They tend to be a bit thirsty however, and they are in tax band F which is going to sting a bit when the increases come in.

No different to what I pay now tbh...plus if I get this car for £1400 and sell mine for around £1800 I'll actually make a profit! :D

Let's ring some insurance peepless

Back
Top Bottom