What is the most expensive thing you have bought secondhand?

Soldato
As a bit of a hi-fi buff, i do like to buy good hi-fi gear. Although none of the below are recent purchases, they do constitute the most i have ever paid for second hand gear.

Michell Orbe SE record deck, paid £1800, current retail is £4185
SME IV tonearm, paid £2200 and it was still boxed and never used, current retail is £3550
A pair of Spendor A9 speakers, paid £1800, current retail is £4499. At the time i bought these retail was well over £5000.

Soldato
A custom-expanded Roland TD-12 electronic drum-kit with a whole bunch of extra cymbals, Jobeky drum shells (to look more like real drums), cymbals stands, Gib throne and Tama Iron Cobra double pedals etc - It was about £2000-ish IIRC and I had it about 5 years before selling in on via eBay which became a faff all of it's own.

ttuXUuo.jpg

Soldato
Pinball tables. Over the last few years they've rocketed in value, ten fold in some cases from the prices i payed when actively buying.

Guy I work with is a massive pinball and retro arcade game collector, even years ago he had a huge collection of them. I suspect the value of his collection is pretty insane.

Soldato
Never owned a new car other than that... nothing special most stuff I buy is new unless you count appliances like washing machines and cookers back when I was broke when I moved into my first place there wasn't anything in it went around all the car boots and markets buying used crockery knifes and forks etc couldn't afford it new!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom