What is the most you have spent on a game?

Soldato
Microtransactions are the most profitable way to go

Have to have a decent game in the first place but then you can farm the playerbase for many many times what subscriptions can bring by selling art, animations, game advantages and content.

It preys on peoples addictions/compulsions and is a pretty scummy kind of funding model.

Associate
Probably World of Warcraft - Original plus all expansions and probably 10+ years of subscription at monthly rate. No cash shop items however.

Soldato
Probeble £1000 or more on MSFS with hardware and addons. over the time I played it. Yokes, Joysticks, GFX cards, the new versions of games, the addons, the scenery... I think I bought every Captain Sim aircraft they made and that was a couple hundred.

GTAV £900 as I built a new PC specifically for it.

Most on a Game £44 Cyberpunk/RDR2

Associate
Simbin Raceroom Experience, lost count but I guess it must be nearly £300 over the years. Tracks and car parks. About 6 packs left to buy for the complete collection. Not a fan of this business model, but the game has been getting better and better, so I am happy with the investment.

Arma 2 and 3, I tend to buy the addon as you get new weapons, maps etc, must be around £100. There is a new map based on Vietnam, it looks good but AI players cannot transverse the terrain, so a no go. Shame as it looks great.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
WOT for close on 5 years averaged £60/year, but I stopped several years ago.

DCS, that’s just another level. I own most of the modules, though the majority were bought on discount. So on software, lots. Then there was the PC upgrade to be able to run it in VR, followed by the flight controllers (hotas, rudders, panels, MFDs and button boxes). Lastly was the rig to fit it all on.
Being fair, it’s probably still cheaper than some of the better driving rigs.

Soldato
WOT for close on 5 years averaged £60/year, but I stopped several years ago.

DCS, that’s just another level. I own most of the modules, though the majority were bought on discount. So on software, lots. Then there was the PC upgrade to be able to run it in VR, followed by the flight controllers (hotas, rudders, panels, MFDs and button boxes). Lastly was the rig to fit it all on.
Being fair, it’s probably still cheaper than some of the better driving rigs.

My only regret if I die early is that the wife sells my DCS stuff for what I told her it cost ;)

Associate
£55 or so on Project Cars 3.
It still hurts to this day as I played it for no more than 4 hours and hated it, it was awful.
Project cars 1 and 2 were excellent so I assumed 3 would be good, but it was dreadful

Soldato
Around £400 on Warframe when it first came out and they were doing the near monthly founders packs to fund them and the usual CS:GO knife for around £250 but sold that for £500.

Back
Top Bottom