What is the next big money making opportunity?

Soldato
OP
So there is nothing 'kicking off' at the moment that is comparable to matched betting, stoozing, free cash from banks, cashback sites, crypto currency mining?

Thinking back 15 years when matched betting was 'invented', how did it gain mainstream recognition? How did the few people who did it, find out about it?

Associate
Drugs are always a safe investment

I know you're not entirely serious but actually I think it probably could be argued as safe. Assuming you have no moral objections to it, and assuming you're happy to take risks on terms of loss of capital for high yields then there's certainly significant quantities of money to be made.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Current big thing is cyber-security/fin-tech
Getting bigger thing is data analytics.
Next big thing is IIoT.

Get educated.

Soldato
OP
Current big thing is cyber-security/fin-tech
Getting bigger thing is data analytics.
Next big thing is IIoT.

Get educated.

These are things that people could do as professions, not 'on the side' money making opportunities or exploitations of something that already exists, which is what all these big money things in my OP have been.

And clearly anything that is illegal is not in scope here.

Soldato
So there is nothing 'kicking off' at the moment that is comparable to matched betting, stoozing, free cash from banks, cashback sites, crypto currency mining?

Thinking back 15 years when matched betting was 'invented', how did it gain mainstream recognition? How did the few people who did it, find out about it?

People who know something that is "kicking off" are unlikely to share it. If you could get the answer on a forum like GD, the chances are it's already mainstream.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
These are things that people could do as professions, not 'on the side' money making opportunities or exploitations of something that already exists, which is what all these big money things in my OP have been.
The amount of time people spent on matched betting for a decent income made it almost a full time job. Bank account switching income was finite. I'd rather spend the time getting schooled up on new tech to make mega bucks, and not worry about what would effectively be pennies in the pound schemes like these.

Caporegime
I know you're not entirely serious but actually I think it probably could be argued as safe. Assuming you have no moral objections to it, and assuming you're happy to take risks on terms of loss of capital for high yields then there's certainly significant quantities of money to be made.

oh yeah, i've seen people doping it its shocking just how much money a lad can make on an ad hoc basis.

buys a fairly large chunk sells it all on pretty rapid pays back the guy he bought it off and has a fair chunk of change left.

the dude above him in the chain must rake in an absolute fortube given he has a fair few people doing this but, i cant imagine how much hassle it is having to collect from a bunch of drug dealers you've given X to on tick.

thjts where things get dangerous i think, as all it takes is one guy not to pay you and you have to act in a way that will probably bring you into contact with the police or lose face and have everyone rip you off.

Soldato
OP
People who know something that is "kicking off" are unlikely to share it. If you could get the answer on a forum like GD, the chances are it's already mainstream.

I think that's fine though. There is a difference between getting in 'immediately' and getting in 'early enough'. Using the example of matched betting again, it was already fairly well known 5 years ago, but I only just got into it. I just want to avoid being 5 years late again, not necessarily be the pioneer in something.

Soldato
Ok so maybe my question should have been this - how can I avoid being last to the party again? What resources can I use to find out these opportunities and assess their potential benefits?
By taking more risks on things that are unknown, like anything.

People who were mining bit coin 6 years ago had no idea if it would be big or not. Other crypto currencies have since failed.

It wasn't risk free either. It costs you money (electricity) to mine bit coin, with no certainty of any return.

Zero risk ideas that make money disappear very quickly, as they rapidly get abused. You just need to be on the ball.

Soldato
OP
The amount of time people spent on matched betting for a decent income made it almost a full time job. Bank account switching income was finite. I'd rather spend the time getting schooled up on new tech to make mega bucks, and not worry about what would effectively be pennies in the pound schemes like these.

Not talking about being totally reliant on something as income here. Just pocket money. Already have a decent job, matched betting has given me a very nice boost for a not unreasonable outlay of time and practically zero financial risk. Bank account switching was the same. Mining is the same if you started a few years ago. It's where the next thing like this is coming from?

Caporegime
I think that's fine though. There is a difference between getting in 'immediately' and getting in 'early enough'. Using the example of matched betting again, it was already fairly well known 5 years ago, but I only just got into it. I just want to avoid being 5 years late again, not necessarily be the pioneer in something.

it was reasonably well known about online 15 years ago tbh...

I'm still not sure exactly what you're expecting here - there are lots of ways in which people make money in various fields, it is hardly as though match betting is going to earn you a fortune...

Caporegime
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom