What is the next big money making opportunity?

Man of Honour
I think you should follow global trends and then work out a way of delivering a solution to one of them.

Current trends seem to be automation and the changing world of work (location independent working, outsourcing, etc). So finding a solution to a problem in one of those would be good.

Caporegime
So I already have a job and time pressures. Hence looking for something that doesn't need a big amount of time or effort spent on it. Whilst matched betting requires time, I just do it at home on the pc so effort is minimal.

it was just an example of a part time venture off the top of my head

Caporegime
Hmm I already said I didn't want to be a pioneer. All I want to do is get on the bandwagon of something, some exploitation (legal) of some kind, that requires zero to minimal up front investment and that can be done from my living room on top of my day job. The examples in my OP were all of this nature.

Yes it's fine.
Jump on the Kickstarter bandwagon. Pretend to be a game dev with a cool new idea for a game, get lots of money, blow through it, invent a bs reason why your project failed, then start a new one! Seems to work quite well.

V F

V F

Soldato
Become a sperm donor but charge a small fee. You have an endless supply of product, you feel good donating (and producing) and you will populate the world with your progeny thus fulfilling your Darwinian purpose. Just remember to swap hands between beats so that both arms get equal exercise.

Soldato
You appear to want the moon on a stick.

There is no easy risk-free investment that's possible with minimal investment.

Soldato
So OP wants someone to tell him how to make a fortune completely risk free and from the comfort of his sofa, doesn't want much eh?

You appear to want the moon on a stick.

There is no easy risk-free investment that's possible with minimal investment.

unless you get super lucky. i think his next questions needs to be. How do I increase my luck.

look out for the latest crazy and become a reseller as it happens. e.g. fidget spinners. quick buck to be had, ready for the next craze

Soldato
@sigma @Maundie isn't that exactly what matched betting is? I'm just after something similar I guess.

No I don't think it's completely risk free, not a gambling man but I have a friend who is a professional gambler and he has good days and bad days, he just has more good than bad hence he makes a living out of it.

What if when you start you have several days of bad luck do you have a big enough pot to keep going, I think that's where the risk is.

If you're making money to supplement your income doing matched betting why bother changing, unless you've decide to get greedy and as mentioned now want the "moon on a stick"?

Soldato
I don't believe gamblers who say they make money from it. The house always wins in the end and the odds of you winning are heavily stacked against you. I only ever bet on the Grand National, and in 20 years of doing it I've only won once.

Last edited:
Soldato
No I don't think it's completely risk free, not a gambling man but I have a friend who is a professional gambler and he has good days and bad days, he just has more good than bad hence he makes a living out of it.

What if when you start you have several days of bad luck do you have a big enough pot to keep going, I think that's where the risk is.

If you're making money to supplement your income doing matched betting why bother changing, unless you've decide to get greedy and as mentioned now want the "moon on a stick"?

Matched betting is by definition risk free, as you lay the bet placed so as to be in the same net position regardless of outcome :p It's not a "big" money making opportunity, however, if you are thinking of earning tens+ of thousands extra per year.

Associate
I know 2 people on Facebook who sell nutritional supplements (one sounds like Moose+, the other Verb-a-life), both constantly posting about how much money can be made.

Funny how it's always other people earning mega money, almost as if these 'managers' are at the top of a pyramid....

Back
Top Bottom