What is VOIP?

Soldato
OP
tolien said:
Without more detail, probably the point.

Well clearly I am missing the point! I just don't understand why I would want to pay an extra £20 a month for this extra service when I've already got it!!!? It got me wondering if there was something I was missing in my understanding of VoiP.

Soldato
Zap said:
they will probably give you a phone number starting with 0845, 20 quid a month is still expensive though, what does the package include?
As above, with calls to normal phones (landlines, etc) at low rates & any number in the world. For that price, maybe they've thrown in a few free minutes per month & equipment like VoIP handsets/etc.

What VoIP is :)

Soldato
OP
Zap said:
they will probably give you a phone number starting with 0845, 20 quid a month is still expensive though, what does the package include?
That was the bit I was missing! :p

hp7909 said:
As above, with calls to normal phones (landlines, etc) at low rates & any number in the world. For that price, maybe they've thrown in a few free minutes per month & equipment like VoIP handsets/etc.

Actually I'm overseas and as far as I can make out they do give you a telephone number but no equipment or free minutes etc. It appears that I would simply be paying for the priviledge of having a telephone number. Mind you everything is expensive here, there is a £650 one off set up fee, I also have to pay £50 as an annual fee and £50 a month for a 256/128 service which is dire, I got faster speeds from my 56K modem in the UK! :(

Back
Top Bottom