What is your favourite childhood Christmas Cartoon, movies, Special?

Soldato
What is your favourite childhood Christmas Cartoon, movie, Special?

I bet your wondering why another Christmas topic, have I gone little mads.
No, after seeing how things are going on the Christmas movie thread it seemed a little too grown up.

Some will thinks this is silly but I thought we need a little change a little nostalgia a little more childish, I thought you should go back to your childhood to when you had no worries and remember your favourite Christmas cartoons and specials that you enjoyed and made you happy,

I thought maybe thinking back will bring you a little bit of joy and happiness in remembering (we could all do with a little bit extra this year).

This will be a little different, no poll just post you choice below no limits

For me as a child Christmas movies, cartoons and specials was a huge part it was not Christmas without them, turning on tv and waiting for something Christmassy.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
Yogis first Charismas
A Flintstones Christmas
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Casper's First Christmas
Home alone
Gremlins (waiting for the old woman to fly out of the window)

Soldato
I remember some of them, but even then I thought it was a tacky bandwagon tactic and not in keeping with the theme of the programmes... albeit from a more child-like perspective, at the time.

Soldato
Muppets Christmas Carol, so good I don't know why anyone has bothered remaking A Christmas Carol since they are all pale imitations of the best version. Watched this a FilmSoc at Uni in 1994 or 95 and loved it ever since.

edit: I realise Uni is not exactly childhood.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
easy-christmas-turkey-mr-bean-pepper-passport-945x632.jpg

Soldato
I think it was compulsory for the BBC to show The Wizard of Oz every Christmas Day from 1973 till 1981. amazing how as a kid growing up in the in the Seventies and Eighties, you go through loving it, resenting it, hating it, forgetting about it, remembering it, loving it again and ultimately buying it on blu ray.

Man of Honour
Muppets Christmas Carol
Scrooged and Groundhog Day (for some Bill Murray goodness)
Elf
Jingle All the Way (Put the cookie down!)

Those are the ones I watch

Man of Honour
To be honest TV never used to be on much as a child.. There were still only 3 channels and videos were only just on the scene. The only thing I remember was looking forward to the James Bond movie on boxing day.
I guess others ere:
The Grinch
Charlie Brown always used to be on around Christmas
Morecambe and Wise..
3 ladies in Sanata's Sack 1080p rip special.

Back
Top Bottom