What is your favourite switches?

Soldato
So I'm curious, what's your guys favourite switches and why?
Are you one that has mixed switches for certain keys?

I eventually want to get me a mechanical with replaceable switches, kinda leaning towards the cherry blues and they have a nice resistance and subtle click.
But I've not experienced any other keys other than cherry's,so I'm very courius.

Associate
I prefer linear switches myself (red, silver). My recommendation is to buy a switch tester and try the common switch types for yourself. One can be had for around £15. Worth it IMO.

Man of Honour
Personally Cherry Blacks - they just work the best for me.

While it will be subjective for everyone I've generally found blues or browns tend to suit people who play games with a very deliberate kind of approach while reds and blacks suit people with a more reactive kind of approach.

Associate
Used to be a sucker for tactiles, browns are a safe choice, blue or greens if you like the clack. I then switched to linears, found red too easy to press and blacks too hard, so I tried Nature Whites (inbetween reds and blacks, and actuation changes the more you press it) which turned out to be my favourites, however they kept failing on me many times, outputting letters multiple times and whatnot. I then hesitantly switched to Gateron Yellows and never looked back (they are the Gateron equivalent, or at least the closest you can get to nature whites). My friends who tried my keyboard have since switched to them, as the 50g actuation force is actually decent for typing and amazing for gaming, but that's all subjective ofc.

Associate
Browns all the way. Reds are too mushy for perfect typing but good if you only use your keyboard for playing esports I guess. Blues are lovely but the noise is just obnoxious and too forced (don't get me wrong I still love them).

Soldato
Browns for me. I like the Cherry MX Browns, the Gateron Browns and the Glorious Holy Pandas.

I do love a good blue or even an IBM buckling spring if i'm doing a lot of typing though.

Associate
I'm using Durock L1 Creamy Yellows atm. Pretty light linears, but not quite as light as Reds. Lubed with Krytox 205g0 plus filmed.

Have some Tecsee Neapolitan tactiles on the way to try out but my experience with tactiles isn't the best. But then, that's scratchy Cherry MX browns so maybe I'll prefer these.

Soldato
I got a load of different switches to try, decided that I hated clicky ones straight away, soon realised that I was unlikely to be able to live with the tactile bump so it had to be linear.

I did a lot of blind testing of the linear switches and settled on the Tealios V2, once lubed and filmed they are incredible.

Next build I'm taking a risk and bought Aqua Kings, if these don't work out then I will try Gateron black inks.

Associate
HHKBs with Topre switches at the office and home.
Gateron Clear 35g linears with Zealencios on the gaming PC.
Also have buckling springs, and many other Cherry type switches but the above are my favourites.

Soldato
In my rotation at the moment I'm using Durock L7s for gaming and Bubagums for work.
I have just bought some T1 pom for my next build.
To be honest I've used about 10 different types and I'm still deciding on my faves, I seem to leaning towards linear switches.

Man of Honour
HHKBs with Topre switches at the office and home.
Gateron Clear 35g linears with Zealencios on the gaming PC.
Also have buckling springs, and many other Cherry type switches but the above are my favourites.

I used to have an old keyboard, I think it was actually made by Cherry but using another brand of Clears - was awesome for gaming but long ago stopped being made. Closest I've found since is Blacks but it isn't the same.

Associate
I've just put some Boba U4Ts (Tactile) in my board and I really like them, very little stem wobble and a nice thocc sound. They have replaced some dying Glorious Pandas purchased from here a few months back that had started to chatter and it seems that I'm not the only one who had experienced this, best avoided and go direct for Holy Panda if you want to try the experience. Very happy with my Boba's though, but time will tell on whether they hold up long-term.

Man of Honour
I've just put some Boba U4Ts (Tactile) in my board and I really like them, very little stem wobble and a nice thocc sound. They have replaced some dying Glorious Pandas purchased from here a few months back that had started to chatter and it seems that I'm not the only one who had experienced this, best avoided and go direct for Holy Panda if you want to try the experience. Very happy with my Boba's though, but time will tell on whether they hold up long-term.
What weight did you get?

Do they feel light to press or would you call it a heavy switch?

Back
Top Bottom