• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

what is your GTX 470 overclocked to??

Associate
This is because you are hitting the physical speed limit of the shader core in an nvida GPU.

Extra cooling just buys you more volts really. Doesn't buy you more speed.

Is it worth running core & shader independantly with a view to getting abit more from the core or is shader speed where most gains are made:confused:

Soldato
Depending how much the GPU is stressed the 470 runs at 3 auto clock speeds with my overclock of 800:
800 a tough 3d aplication
425 playing 1080p vid or winamp visuals
51 browsing net

Man of Honour
Does anyone get random crashes when using a custom fan profile?
I had 2 video crashes whilst playing games with msi afterburner running a custom fan profile but no overclock.
The profile i made was keeping the card a lot cooler than the default settings aswell so its not overheating. Really stumped as to why it happends :(

I noticed certain profiles/configs/versions of afterburner would sometimes show a drop to 0-30% fan speed at random, not sure if it was actually doing that or just monitoring failed for that sample - could explain random crashes.

Associate
Its just arrived !!!

the nice delivery man just handed me it

so on laptop while the ocing fun begins with the card on air

running all the benchies at stock

then max air oc stable
max bench stable
water fun
some volt ovp mods and maybe some caps to help boost stability

wish me luck

Back
Top Bottom