What is your iPhone battery health (and how old)?

Ste

Ste

Soldato
12 pro about 6 weeks after launch, 83%

Ouch. Looking to upgrade but it’s noticeable how bad it is now. Gets hammered all day and night doing teams calls browsing music CarPlay etc so not surprised tbh

Soldato
launch day 12 pro so just under 2 years old, 96%
only use it lightly and tend to charge it up when it hits 30-40%
it's been dropped though and the back has broken, doesn't seem to have affected the battery though

Soldato
12 Pro from launch also at 88% - I definitely notice the battery deterioration. I have to give it a little juice later in the afternoon to make sure it lasts me the evening.

My bedside charger is one of those all-in-one wireless chargers so I can chuck my AirPods, Watch and iPhone onto it. And my car has a wireless charging pad built in too.

I presume wireless charging is bad for batteries then? :D

Soldato
I'm not sure, but when I've used the wireless charger in my car the phone gets way hotter than when using a wired charger. Lithium batteries don't like heat.

Yeah tbh I noticed with my car the phone gets stupidly hot after charging a while... So much so that on a few occasions the last month, it's stopped charging and had a warning on my phone screen saying it had to stop due to getting too hot :o

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Seems low. Do either of you use wireless charging often?

Mainly wired here and overnight is on an old 10w ipad charger. I do notice it gets hot charging in the car whilst simultaneously running Google maps / music and carplay over cellular which might not help.

Back
Top Bottom