1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your most prized possession?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NVP, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Malevolence

Capodecina

2. Hades

Capodecina

Which one are you? :D

3. Fluke?

Hitman

Nice thread, certainly makes you consider what is really important.
    In terms of my possessions the only things that I would really miss are 20 years of digital photos.

Note to self - upload 20 years of digital photos onto Onedrive before my hdd's die....

4. TrannyBill

Associate

The one with meat still under my skin

5. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Try any winter market in Central or Eastern Europe.

6. Building Candy

Wise Guy

My car or my Robot, both would be very hard to replace.

7. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

It's never ending. A constant chore to back up photos it feels. I signed up to Flickr for this but I'm still trying to upload a huge backlog of photos from years ago. Then you also have photos taken on your phone and backed up automatically to Google so things get so messy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  8. Mason-

Soldato

Purely material possessions. My piano.

9. kitfit1

Mobster

I had to wait nearly 20 years after paying ex wives off before i could afford what is now my prize possession. A Michell Orb record deck with an SME V arm on it, always wanted one since i first heard one in the 1970's.
    I've had it over 20 years now and can't see myself ever parting with it.

[​IMG]

10. Admiral Huddy

Don

My dads Wembley season ticket for the 66 World Cup including the final with all the England programmes.

11. DXP55

Mobster

Drool-drool-drool-drool - I only ever managed a Logic DM 101 with a Linn Basik arm -all gone now and going deaf.
    Enjoy it as much as you can.

12. Grimley

Soldato

OK, my most prized MATERIAL possession is the house I helped my Nan buy 30 odd years ago. Joint names on the mortgage and when she passed away I became the sole mortgage payer. 30 years later its all paid for & I modernised the interior last year. I'm currently renting it to a family & when they decide to end the tenancy I'll take early semi-retirement & move in. :p ;) :D

13. UTmaniac

Soldato

My road bike, over the past ~32 months it has probably got me out of the four walls (albeit sometimes very relunctantly) outside of work more than anything else I've done in the past ~20 years. It's given me fitness levels I've not had since the 1990s and after living in Southampton since late 1992, I finally discovered just how close the South Downs hills are, getting up there regularly helps me massively with my mental health too in all that fresh air; nature; largely a complete lack of motor traffic etc.

While I could replace the bike if anything happened to it, I doubt I'd be able to splash out on anything of a similar spec/weight anytime soon (which makes such a difference IMO in hilly undulating terrain), as we desparately try and get a housing deposit together and get out of renting before it's too late.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  14. mattydoughts

Gangster

Family first obviously!!
    But in terms of material things, my PC even though it's 4 years old :D