What laptops come with Vista 64-bit?

Associate
Just been trying to order a dell studio 15 and had no end of problems because they couldn't supply it with vista 64 despite taking our order for it as an added cost extra.

So looking to other manufacturers, who supply the 64-bit version of vista with their machines?

Soldato
Hewlet Packard... My HDX16 which, with its big bro the HDX18, comes with Vista Home Pro64 (they've both got 4Gb RAM and can go up to 8Gb)...

I think some of the lower models can be specced with Vista64 :)

Soldato
Dell do at no extra cost. Well, on the laptops I've been looking at recently.
I format the drives normally anyway and install fresh just using the key on the sticker which would work for both 32 and 64 bit installs. Easier than removing all the unwanted preinstalled stuff IMO

Associate
Dell do at no extra cost. Well, on the laptops I've been looking at recently.
I format the drives normally anyway and install fresh just using the key on the sticker which would work for both 32 and 64 bit installs. Easier than removing all the unwanted preinstalled stuff IMO

What media do you use to do this as I'm guessing you didn't get a disk with the laptop? I have been wanting to put Vista x64 on my laptop as it came with 4gb ram and 32bit vista which is annoying.

Cheers

Soldato
Vista comes on two disks essentially - 32 bit and 64 bit, both of which have all the different versions on. Your key will work for your version ie home premium, business etc, but for either disk.

I think you can apply for the other disk from Microsoft, but I got mine off a torrent site (no cracks or anything, the retail version)

In fact I think you can get a trial version from MS which lasts for 30 days (or 90 if you know a certain command) and at any time you can enter your key.

If you have home premium, I can send you a disk I made with just that on and SP1 integrated. You'll need your own key though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom