Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by jaybee, Aug 18, 2012.
1st fix the sun tunnel, will do the tunnel and the ceiling bit tomorrow
Sun tunnels are awesome.
Brackets fitted for the juliette, not bad levelling considering it was mostly levelled with a tape measure as my level isn't long enough.
Threaded bar through both skins and hilti two pack resin, which was a proper pain to get in, when you passed the bar through the resin got dragged out and in the threads. Pita but done.
5mm each side for the glass to go in
Few more, That's going to look really good, perfect for sipping my espresso looking out with my dressing gown flapping in the wind
It's 2450mm wide. Going to take four of us to lift the glass
Laid 20 patio slabs to square off the paving outside the kitchen door, covering a weird square of grass on its own. Clearly on of those new build 'extras' that whoever spec'd the house didn't want to pay for
Laid a 3x3 panel mosiac tiles with fast set adhesive. I’m too tired to swear.
Tomorrow sees the easier larger tiles.
Fitted the inward opening patio door and small window.
Bathroom window next
Look at that roof, look at it
Fitted a new waste to the sink, but thats kind of overshadowed by ^ this guys manliness.. ^ haha
Replaced the flush on the upstairs bog. For some reason this caused the cistern to leak Not just from the water inlet but between the cistern and the bottom half.
Then came 3 hours of swearing, dismantling the toilet piece by piece trying to work out why and then giving up and covering every single rubber seal with gold seal pond sealer.
Doesnt leak now but no doubt will need replacing all together next time as that stuff is impossible to remove
Ive been building myself a new TV unit from 40mm walnut worktop and I really enjoyed it.
Started off with delivery, 3m x 960 worktop ripped down the middle.
Then I made a dowel guide for the uprights and shelf.
I glued and clamped it all up, left overnight in very crowded garage
Next was the speaker stands
Ready for finishing using rustins plastic coating.
Pretty much done bar some cable tidying
That looks fantastic, well done!
your picture is off centre
Almost a shame to cover it up!
Must be a trick of the image, I just got the tape measure out to be sure its definitely centred
That is bloody good work there well done
Fitted an outside 2 gang BG socket with RCD. Drilled at a slight angle to hopefully stop water tracking back now need to get some ducting for the power cable to make it a bit neater and safer
Swore at my young Acer tree.
Planted it 3 years ago, it’s survived 2 winters fine and last year grew a lot and was lovely and healthy in Autumn.
It’s dead now. Furious and a little upset tbh.
Lifted the glass onto the juliette brackets. Glad I went for the frameless.
Made a osb door to keep the dust out.
Connected the sun tunnel, it's wicked
Wow, that sun tunnel works well.
Today has been some prep to lay down flooring (laminate) tomorrow, sanded/painted skirting and screwed down loose boards. Last minute decision that worked out well as we found a style that we liked on sale.
Before the scaffold is removed this week fixed two bird boxes high up.
It's a hip on a hip
Separate names with a comma.