dod

dod

Soldato
was yesterday but it all counts :rolleyes:
weeded a bit of garden. Hate that job.
tried to fix plinth to new shower, need different glue
strimmed a bit of garden
wired in a new socket to shed
tidied up lights wiring in shed, there was no cover on the junction box and connections were a bit shoddy.

Made up a to do list/wish list for everything that needs/I'd like doing. Moved in here 6 months ago and it's scary how much you don't see when you're doing the initial viewings before buying.

Soldato
Had to replace the bathrom extractor which turned into an utter disaster as with every thing in this house, the old owners were bodge merchants.

but its sorted now, needs a couple days to dry and then i can skim with filler again and sand and paint.

5TchNT1.jpg 5SEpiyN.jpg M3XQ7nN.jpg

Soldato
God whoever fitted that had either:
a) a lot of patience for working around obstacles/symmetry, or
b) hated the future owner.

Why so many odd size panels? :eek:

Tell me about it. No idea why the posts were positioned like that. I had to cut down one of the panels and do some mods to get them to fit. Think I did OK all things considered.

Been painting them today. Will finish the job tomorrow, weather dependant of course...

Soldato
Tell me about it. No idea why the posts were positioned like that. I had to cut down one of the panels and do some mods to get them to fit. Think I did OK all things considered.

Been painting them today. Will finish the job tomorrow, weather dependant of course...
Yeah I'd say you've made good of it. If you're anything like me though (having done a similar job recently), you are going to keep looking at this and thinking you should have changed the posts whilst you were at it :cry:

Associate
Finished, about 6 dam hours painting a single panel wall. The MDF was just soaking everything up like a sponge.

2x coats MDF Primer
1x coat undercoat
3x coats Dulux Simply Refresh One Coat

Just need to white sealant around switch and edges and done!

CtCDJlL.png.jpg

i am not great at DIY. However, its a pretty close match to the image my wife liked and hinted at on Pintrest.

l9DdSUv.png.jpg
Bloody lovely job, well done, I'm definitely not showing this to my missus

Soldato
Yeah I'd say you've made good of it. If you're anything like me though (having done a similar job recently), you are going to keep looking at this and thinking you should have changed the posts whilst you were at it :cry:

Yeah, you're right :D Things like this bug me. But in the end I wanted the job finished and done with by the end of the day. Oh well, next time :p

Soldato
It's throwing it down here so put waterproofs on and hosed all moss from between slabs - Need to get out there and point them as a lot of mortor has come out.
It's never ending these self inflicted jobs.

Caporegime
just popping into this thread to see some faith in humanity restored.

too many lazy people around who think DIY needs to be left to the experts.....

Finished, about 6 dam hours painting a single panel wall. The MDF was just soaking everything up like a sponge.

fantastic looking room! love the colours

Last edited:
Soldato
Weeded part of the front garden

Before

IMG-20210704-095713.jpg

IMG-20210704-094231.jpg

After

IMG-20210704-102629.jpg

IMG-20210704-152534.jpg

Soldato

I've that Manrose unit plumbed in for a good 7 years, needs a clean every few years (the towel fibres stick to blades). You can feel the air being sucked under the bathroom door and it clears a steamy bathroom in a few minutes - you can see the boundary slowly move up to the ceiling! The original house didn't either a bathroom extractor or a cooker extractor (and the feeling of damp ugh!)

The only issue is that the Mrs thinks all the heat goes out of the house in winter through it. That and the 150mm cooker extractor :D No damp feeling house (it can feel a little draughty in wind). I may put an in-pipe valve in the pipe to stop the draught.

Last edited:
Soldato
That’s the thing, you absolutely need ventilation, particularly in winter otherwise you get damp. Even the most efficient passive houses have good ventilation, it’s just controlled through mechanical heat recovery systems.

Soldato
Took out an old unit (the one with sliding wood effect doors- screams 70s at you) and smashed that up. Also sawed up a load of wood I had from my house renovation, in the hope it would be useful. It wasn't, 8 years on. Took it all to the tip.

Painted a second hand chest of drawers (charity shop special), and that looks decent now.

Moved the wardrobe dumped in our bedroom to the utility room. Bedroom looks nicer- the flow through it is better without that obstacle.

Sorted my tool drawers and binned a load of "mystery screws/ fittings/ hinges" from various jobs.

Cleared out shed 2 of the aforementioned wood, and moved the lawnmower and strimmer etc to outhouse 1.

Raged at the wife for filling up shed 1 with kids toys.

Soldato
Took out an old unit (the one with sliding wood effect doors- screams 70s at you) and smashed that up. Also sawed up a load of wood I had from my house renovation, in the hope it would be useful. It wasn't, 8 years on. Took it all to the tip.

Painted a second hand chest of drawers (charity shop special), and that looks decent now.

Moved the wardrobe dumped in our bedroom to the utility room. Bedroom looks nicer- the flow through it is better without that obstacle.

Sorted my tool drawers and binned a load of "mystery screws/ fittings/ hinges" from various jobs.

Cleared out shed 2 of the aforementioned wood, and moved the lawnmower and strimmer etc to outhouse 1.

Brave man -10x10 :)

Soldato

Hey man I hope your health is OK - that certainly reads like a list from a man who is preparing for the worst :cry::p

I mean you may need those dodgy brackets/mystery screws/fittings and hinges one day?

Let me know if you want to talk x

Back
Top Bottom