What "man jobs" have you done today?

dod

dod

Soldato
Got a few days off to catch up with stuff. painted an external retaining wall, laid new floor in spare bedroom, got digger in to prep a bit for a new patio, cut grass (again :mad:)

Soldato
Finally finished my nest doorbell (wired) install. Was giving me the run around as there appears to be a bug in the software with mechanical chimes. Had to switch on chime duration even though that is intended for electronic chimes but once that had been cycled through on and back to off it now works as expected.

Associate
Little bit late, but fitted a nice new garage door!

It makes such a big difference to the insulation of the garage, which is useful when its attached to the house.

Before:

After:

Soldato
I’m not a fan of the colour (white would have been my choice there) but I have zero regrets about our motorised door, it’s great and I’d never go back. I don’t really understand why manual doors are so popular, looking across ‘the pond’ they are basically ubiquitous.

Getting one that is insulated makes so much sense when it’s integrated into the house.

Associate
I’m not a fan of the colour (white would have been my choice there) but I have zero regrets about our motorised door, it’s great and I’d never go back. I don’t really understand why manual doors are so popular, looking across ‘the pond’ they are basically ubiquitous.

Getting one that is insulated makes so much sense when it’s integrated into the house.

I get the thoughts on the colour, I always imagined it was a given that it'd be white until I was given the choice when ordering it. I just liked the idea of having it a bit different in the end, although I'm not about to go replacing all my PVC with anthracite any time soon :o

I think it's a mixture of a lot of detached garages without power and money. Lots of cheap up and over doors are sold without operators but you'll be hard pressed to find a manually operated sectional or roller door.

Soldato
I get the thoughts on the colour, I always imagined it was a given that it'd be white until I was given the choice when ordering it. I just liked the idea of having it a bit different in the end, although I'm not about to go replacing all my PVC with anthracite any time soon :o

I think it's a mixture of a lot of detached garages without power and money. Lots of cheap up and over doors are sold without operators but you'll be hard pressed to find a manually operated sectional or roller door.

No need to replace the door you can have them resprayed.

Soldato
Cut the grass, tidy up in the garage, tip run, drop off at the charity shop

Then spare / broken garden furniture transformed into kindling

IMG-20210918-111832.jpg

IMG-20210918-114219.jpg

Put a bottle opener in the garage

IMG-20210918-170157.jpg

IMG-20210918-170202.jpg

And put up a temporary "sail" over the patio until the gazebo is installed

IMG-20210918-132905.jpg

IMG-20210918-133239.jpg

Soldato
@{SAS}TB I so enjoy watching your house come along :)

Yesterday/today I've trimmed two weather/drip bars and a new stile for the garden and roof doors. Fitted, primed, first coat of gloss. I'm really bored of doing full cleanup after using green oil based paint. 10 minutes of painting followed by just as much time cleaning brushes and hands! Last coat tomorrow and I can put everything away for a bit.

Soldato
No comparison a £12 bit of material against a £3-4k gazebo but gives a bit of shade / shelter for the Mrs going gardening shizzle outside

Seems sturdy enough and will do its job (also store some garden furniture under there as well) until the gazebo is ordered / installed

Soldato
No comparison a £12 bit of material against a £3-4k gazebo but gives a bit of shade / shelter for the Mrs going gardening shizzle outside

Seems sturdy enough and will do its job (also store some garden furniture under there as well) until the gazebo is ordered / installed
OK fair enough. The gazebos I've been looking at wernt quite that much, more like 3-400.

Back
Top Bottom