What "man jobs" have you done today?

Man of Honour
Tried to work out how to take the plug off the bathroom sink. It wouldn’t turn, so I pulled it off, realised it probably wasn’t meant to be pulled off as the spring proceeds to fall down the hole. Drawer off, U bend off, fish out the spring, pull out the tangled blockage. Perform surgery on the plug mechanism with tweezers and floss and manage to put it back together.

Bathroom vent was blocked. So took off the cover, hoovered it out and put the cover back on, but with more of a gap this time. It now actually works as intended.

Soldato
Renewed the tarmac with Everbuild tarmac restorer at the weekend. After standing for 19 years it had faded a lot. I was super impressed how it turned out with two coats. It actually serves two purposes in that it recolours but it also protects from staining/further UV damage.

For the £40 it cost for 10L and how easy it was to do highly recommend.

kJx7QGll.jpeg
mHbwumNl.jpeg

Soldato
Renewed the tarmac with Everbuild tarmac restorer at the weekend. After standing for 19 years it had faded a lot. I was super impressed how it turned out with two coats. It actually serves two purposes in that it recolours but it also protects from staining/further UV damage.

For the £40 it cost for 10L and how easy it was to do highly recommend.

kJx7QGll.jpeg
mHbwumNl.jpeg
That looks so black it looks like a dodgy render :p . You could do the service strip just infront of your drive, that would trigger people:cry:.

Associate
Worktops were always going to be a pain with this kitchen, we have old steel 2.5 inch pipes for the central heating so had to have units 10cm away from the wall so the fridge would fit in.

Ended up with two big island worktops to cut down and would have two joints, had to get a mate in for this needed to be spot on.

Missing draw and cupboard door lol, now ordered. Get glass backsplash ordered plus few other little jobs, then we done.

Thing it looks ok from what I started with :)

XQCwqQW.jpg

iCLL7KZ.jpg

Rt8xcEi.jpg

fRjZyUM.jpg

Associate
Looks great!

What the hell was that copper pipework all about!?
Where it comes out the wall was were the old boiler was. I had it moved upstairs, them pipes are just for the central heating, middle one is gas supply.

Its our commercial building had has two seperate heating systems, had to build a false wall to hide them pipes you can just see in the first pic where I had to come out a little.

yGL5UJo.jpg

c7hP2Vr.jpg

Soldato
Spent some time turning this nest (bit exaggerated, most of the excess cable was coiled):

DC24-F483-721-A-4585-B41-E-68041-E5-A94-B5-1-105-c.jpg

Into:

3-A10133-E-BA03-498-F-AC44-E1-FA1-F0-A3-FB0-1-102-o.jpg

I could do more but quite frankly I don't want to see a crimp tool for a while.

I'm in two minds about mounting my firewall on the wall (the black box on the table). It has passive cooling and it essentially a heatsink so it's mega hot.
Use a actual Rack cabinet. much neater

Back
Top Bottom