What Manufacturers for Fittings?

Associate
Hi Guys/Gals,

Who would you suggest for Fittings? I have bought a pair of EKWB Radiators, was going to just go EKWB for those but I know it's important to buy good fittings for their reliability.

Associate
Fair enough, I may just go EKWB their website is pretty simple and OCUK sell majority of the fittings.
I’m loving EK’s satin titanium fittings at the moment. I think they look beautiful!

fast way to rack up the cost of a custom loop though

Associate
Just watch for the tread depth, as if they're too long, 5mm if I'm.not wrong, they may affect flow using some EK blocks. For radiators shouldn't be a problem. Used EK and XSPC. No issues.

Associate
OP
Just watch for the tread depth, as if they're too long, 5mm if I'm.not wrong, they may affect flow using some EK blocks. For radiators shouldn't be a problem. Used EK and XSPC. No issues.

Sorry I am a little slow, are you referring to the Fittings or my screw up of screwing into the radiator lol.

Not sure if you're pulling my leg or not. But from everything I hear on Barrow is to stay well way.

I’m loving EK’s satin titanium fittings at the moment. I think they look beautiful!

fast way to rack up the cost of a custom loop though

Not seen in person, but I absolutely love the Black Nickle. I've got a nice budget set aside but I feel this could eat into that quite quickly. Don't be a bad influence :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Sorry I am a little slow, are you referring to the Fittings or my screw up of screwing into the radiator lol.
The bit that screws to the radiator or the blocks. For radiators, don't really matter. Some EK waterblocks may suffer flowrate limitation if the treat of the fitting is longer than 5mm.

Associate
OP
The bit that screws to the radiator or the blocks. For radiators, don't really matter. Some EK waterblocks may suffer flowrate limitation if the treat of the fitting is longer than 5mm.

OK that makes more sense, cheers for explaning. After I realised my error I swapped the 30mm for 5mm to attach to the Radiator bracket. Only to find the case had suffered damage on the opposite side and I've had to arrange a refund,

Barrow fittings are great quality, my first choice for quality vs price, worth looking into :)

Apologies, I have habit of hashtagging and forgot it would message you lol. But thank you for the feedback.

Quite expensive bits, to be fair, but using Nickel ones, fantastic looking.

Yea I had the Thermaltake Level 20XT but it's come damaged. So arranged a refund and bought the Corsair 1000D. I have finally got the missus to agree I can have a mancave and seeing i won't move for the next 35 years (new house) I will build myself an epic monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Yea I had the Thermaltake Level 20XT but it's come damaged. So arranged a refund and bought the Corsair 1000D. I have finally got the missus to agree I can have a mancave and seeing i won't move for the next 35 years (new house) I will build myself an epic monster.
Good call, monster case, heavy as one planet, with all the gear in.
Before putting all together you may consider using a dolly, if moving the case for whatever reason in the future. :D:D

Associate
OP
Good call, monster case, heavy as one planet, with all the gear in.
Before putting all together you may consider using a dolly, if moving the case for whatever reason in the future. :D:D

Ha-ha yea I've seen the dimensions and weight and Jesus, least I won't need a gym membership. a Dolly lol ffs :(

Associate
I can second Barrow fittings, I ordered a load to replace some ancient XSPC fittings, and to accent some other Alphacool fittings that looked kind of meh.

Soldato
Absolutely Barrow. Got 60+ fittings from them and all absolutely perfect. Got some Bitspower set aswell, but switched to barrow as the bitspower in new colour I wanted was going to cost arm and leg for near 60 fittings I wanted and Barrow feel just as good and look better without seahorse stamped all over them. Been using the Barrow in main build for 3 or so years and 2 years in secondary build, no issues. Got some EK and alphacool ones too, but Barrow and Bitspower feel much more better quality IMO.

Top Bottom