What monitor ?

Associate
Ok so as the title suggests, what monitor ?

I recently built my gaming build however held out on a monitor due to black friday coming up with the hope of catching a bargain. I mainly play call of duty and MSFS 20 however will delve into other games the more i get the hang of pc gaming.

The specs that matter are

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus OC 6gb

Some have suggested 27" at 1440p as a way of being ready for future upgrades (gpu etc) however will my 1660 cope with this especially with msfs or would i be more suited to 1080 at 144hz ? I don't mind upgrading the monitor when i upgrade gpu in the future.

Also , things im not sure on

VA or IPS
Freesynce /gsync

Caporegime
If you look at the requirements for Cyberpunk 2077, you're at the recommended spec for 1080p with a GTX1660

https://www.glitched.online/cyberpunk-2077-wont-support-ray-tracing-on-amd-cards-at-launch/

Granted you're not said you're playing that game, but this is where things are going to go.

Do you want to buy yourself a cheap monitor now, and upgrade your graphics card later and maybe upgrade your monitor later to go with it ? or is the intended purchase one you'll keep for a while.

if it's the latter, i'd go 1080p.

Associate
OP
See tbh , im new to to pc gaming, cyberpunk is a title i will no doubt get as well.

In terms of upgrading . I certainly wont be doing so for the next year or so and see aslong as the graphics/performance are to a decent enough standard then im happy

Back
Top Bottom