What OCD annoyances do you have?

Associate
I do checking the front door is locked 3 times thing. Get in the car. Start the car. Get out of the car and check the door is locked 3 times again.

At least once a month I check the door is locked 3 times then drive down the street as much as a mile before deciding to turn around and drive back home and check the door again 3 times or so.

My children think its hilarious. I don't.

Soldato
Not much of a hygiene freak here, but I like the TV volume to be on a multiple of 3. My sister likes it on an even number, so we normally settle on multiples of 6.

Also, when I'm reading, I sometimes group words by fours or fives. Once a sentence, or possibly a paragraph if I'm feeling antsy, ends on an exact multiple, I'm fine - but it'll keep going until I get that multiple.

I also Hate light switches to be the wrong way - on with the bottom sticking out, or off with the top sticking out. It's a problem in my house because we have several multiple switches, and I'll quite often stumble about in the darkness to get the switches the right way round. Our kitchen switch, though, is completely upside down - both the switches control a set of lights, and they're the only ones that do, but both of the lights off leaves the upper half poking out every time. Bloody pain.

Soldato
I do checking the front door is locked 3 times thing. Get in the car. Start the car. Get out of the car and check the door is locked 3 times again.

At least once a month I check the door is locked 3 times then drive down the street as much as a mile before deciding to turn around and drive back home and check the door again 3 times or so.

Is your door locked right now? You should probably make sure.

Soldato
i do the volume thing, it HAS to be on an even number. being on an odd number can only mean bad things.

same with anything numerical. it has to be even.

quite often when i iron things, i'll move the iron in different places after using it.

Permabanned
I have a pet hate with people pointing with pens at computer screens (specifically my laptop), not really OCD, but grrrrr

I HATE people coming over to my computer to show me something and then prodding the ****ing screen with their fingers.

**** OFF you ********, I keep my pc clean, my screen spotless and you jab it?

*fumes*

Associate
Before i go to bed i go and lock my bedroom door, once its locked i then hold onto the handle and keep on pulling it and say the following in my head "You are now locked you mother ******* **** " and i keep doing that for about 30 - 60 seconds, and i do that every night :/

Soldato
I put things in size order. Always.

Books on a shelf, Plates in a cupboard. Coins when i take them from my pocket.

I also flush the toilet BEFORE I take a slash: \ and then again afterwards(obviously) I don't know why I do this one

Last edited:
Permabanned
Before i go to bed i go and lock my bedroom door, once its locked i then hold onto the handle and keep on pulling it and say the following in my head "You are now locked you mother ******* **** " and i keep doing that for about 30 - 60 seconds, and i do that every night :/

Right............

bye

Associate
There are some serious OCD issues here, I had no idea it was so prevalent. Certainly opened my eyes to it and feel kind of left out as I have none.

Associate
I HATE people coming over to my computer to show me something and then prodding the ****ing screen with their fingers.

**** OFF you ********, I keep my pc clean, my screen spotless and you jab it?

*fumes*

Zomg, that it unnaceptable! My best mate does that... comes over starts marvelling at the graphics and then touches the screen to illustrate things, grrrrrrr!!!

Soldato
I have to have anti-bacteria wipes to hand all the time, every morning I wipe my keyboard / mouse / phone / desk and sometimes door handles.

I also wash my hands many times a day.

:p

Soldato

It's not funny at all, and the feeling of anxiety when you're not sure is impossible to overcome. I don't do it if someone (eg: neighbour) is outside and watching me for some reason. Maybe the fact that someone else saw me lock up negates the urge.

Caporegime
Not really OCD i suppose but:

1) Car dash airvents must align with eachother, if they don't the world will come to an end.

2) Several rooms in my house have two light switches which operate the same lights (double set at each end of the room), these light switches must align, so for example one set must be switched all on and the other set all off, i hate it when they don't.

3) Glasses must be aligned and layed out correctly in the kitchen glass fronted display units.

4) Various compulsions with file naming and layout of icons on the computer.

I have loads of little things like that, i just like things to be in order, i don't do things multiple times i just like them to align and be right,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom