What PC build (or laptop) for Total War, Cyberpunk and CK3

Associate
Hello all,

I am looking at building a pc for Total War series, Cyberpunk and CK3, with the new age of empires in the future.

With lockdown and working from home it's a lot easier for me to play on a laptop or desktop than console due to the permanent company in the house now..

I was looking at either a laptop (razerblade 15, legion or hp omen) or putting something like the below together. My slight issue is the expense is cropping up once I add in a monitor (at least 1440p, 144hz).

I know the card is overkill for 2 of the 3 games but I want RT for cyberpunk and some future proofing.

Case: NR200p (when I can find one) Alternatives; H510 elite or Define meshify c (both mid towers so different mobo)
MOBO: ASUS AMD B550 ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini-ITX Motherboard
CPU:Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: 3070 or 3080 if available
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit
Storage: Samsung 980 PRO 500GB M.2 (will get a larger one if possible or 2nd m2 drive later)
PSU: Corsair SF750 750 Watt Fully Modular Platinium SFX PSU/Power Supply
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 RGB All In One 280mm Intel/AMD CPU Water Cooler

Much appreciated

Associate
I would definitely go for the desktop option if you have the space/room/budget.

No system is truly future proof but a laptop is much less so than a desktop. The Ryzen 3070/3080 should last you a good few years for gaming.

Associate
Have you considered this case, it is in stock, easier to carry around the home than a mid tower? Its easy to build in having room for a larger air cooler and 3 slot graphic card.
PC-TU150WA ALUMINIUM MINI-ITX CASE - SILVER WINDOW

Back
Top Bottom