What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Unravel great game and looks to match.

Yeah I had a go at this through my Origin Access subscription - quite an emotional little game and looks and sounds stunning. There is a part with the kite in the beach level that took me so many attempts to get past and then after completing the beach level and coming back to play it the next week it didn't save that I had completed it and I need to do it all again. Haven't mustered up the motivation to try again but I will because it's a beautiful game.

Soldato
Yeah I had a go at this through my Origin Access subscription - quite an emotional little game and looks and sounds stunning. There is a part with the kite in the beach level that took me so many attempts to get past and then after completing the beach level and coming back to play it the next week it didn't save that I had completed it and I need to do it all again. Haven't mustered up the motivation to try again but I will because it's a beautiful game.
Yup, save checkpoints are a problem in the game.

Soldato
Yup, save checkpoints are a problem in the game.

Save checkpoints are the bane of gaming life at times. I get, that when they're done right than can add tension and relief to the gaming experience but more often than not it only serves to frustrate and usually makes me turn the game off. I'd vote for a quick save option every time in any game. I'd certainly have completed a few more games if they all had one.

Soldato
Save checkpoints are the bane of gaming life at times. I get, that when they're done right than can add tension and relief to the gaming experience but more often than not it only serves to frustrate and usually makes me turn the game off. I'd vote for a quick save option every time in any game. I'd certainly have completed a few more games if they all had one.
Yeh, back in the day when i was much older, i would wake up at like 3am and turn console/pc back back on to try and get past a part of a game i was stuck on, try for hours :), now i am much younger it annoys me quicker, and i have given up on great games that have annoyed me because of save checkpoints etc :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh, back in the day when i was much younger, i would wake up at like 3am and turn console/pc back back on to try and get past a part of a game i was stuck on, try for hours :), now i am much younger it annoys me quicker, and i have given up on great games that have annoyed me because of save checkpoints etc :)

Yeah the older games are definitely more guilty for it. I was just playing Indian Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (2003) and hour a ago - end of the level - you had to negotiate a number of jumps, rope swings, pull levers all above a pool of water with a giant alligator that was instant death if it caught you. Took me almost half an hour to get through it all only to caught by the alligator right at the end because of dodgy controls after a cut scene and the checkpoint? - right back to the start of the area. Exit game. I will try again but just so annoying.

Associate
Still heavily into Divinity Original Sin EE

Why the hell did I not get into this game earlier? Its bloody fantastic.

Pumped over 20 hours into this in the space of a week.

This is another one on my list of games to play, really looking forward to it - Pillars of eternity got in there first.

Soldato
Haven't really played anything since before xmas, been too busy, but went back to Dark Souls over the weekend, for a quick hour's play.

I've only put 10 hours in, in total, but it's really very good. Do wish it had been around 10 years ago when I had more gaming time :)

Back
Top Bottom