What PC games are you playing?

Associate
tried my hands at dark souls II.

I have never played a souls game, got a cheap CD key - souls 1 is like £15 everywhere (?)

cue me spending ages at the first knights (hollow knights? cant remember) as my first enemy thinking I can beat them somehow, and dying loads in 2 hits before quitting and watching a video just to get me started on how to beat them, which showed me theres a whole section with normal-sized undead mobs i should be fighting first :rolleyes:

i'll stick at it but I guess thats a reminder of the challenge ahead

Soldato
tried my hands at dark souls II.

I have never played a souls game, got a cheap CD key - souls 1 is like £15 everywhere (?)

cue me spending ages at the first knights (hollow knights? cant remember) as my first enemy thinking I can beat them somehow, and dying loads in 2 hits before quitting and watching a video just to get me started on how to beat them, which showed me theres a whole section with normal-sized undead mobs i should be fighting first :rolleyes:

i'll stick at it but I guess thats a reminder of the challenge ahead
While Dark Souls games are known for continual difficulty spikes, if a difficulty spike seems almost unreasonable, there's a good chance you've simply missed something.

As for me, I'm still playing Prey. 26 hours in and I'm still thinking this is one of the best games I've ever played. Will be up there with The Witcher 3 for Game of the Generation unless it peters out as I go on.

Associate
While Dark Souls games are known for continual difficulty spikes, if a difficulty spike seems almost unreasonable, there's a good chance you've simply missed something.

As for me, I'm still playing Prey. 26 hours in and I'm still thinking this is one of the best games I've ever played. Will be up there with The Witcher 3 for Game of the Generation unless it peters out as I go on.

Yeah it took me a while to figure that out, trying to kill them with them one shotting me..

Prey is on the list but i've told myself to finish other things first

Associate
also playing PUBG (effin great) and Nier (Brutal, one 45 minute play and couldnt save (didnt know it was hidden in the weapons menu) and then second play died again (at the same bit) and worked out it wont let me save until after I beat it. Again, brutal (but i'd rather that than hand-holding anyday)

Caporegime
Really hooked on Borderlands 2 this past week. I started playing 2 years ago but never got very far but this time I've done it several times back to back to open up Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Now gimme the goddamn loot. :D

Associate
Now gimme the goddamn loot. :D
one of my most played games I allways go back for more its like crack but trying to find the perfect weapon or just a bit longer till I get to the next level up.

if you haven't played 1 it is nearly as good as 2 just not so shiny & the prequel is my least favourite it looks good plays well and has some intresting new game mechanics like the grinder which is super addictive its just not as fun as 2

Associate
After an initial struggle getting into it when it came out, I'm playing Sniper Elite 4, things are clicking a lot better this time round and starting to feel like a bit of a sniping bad ass!

Soldato
I've just gone back to Prison.................................................... Architect. It's the first I've played of it since 2.0 was released. Must admit, it's great fun being a sadistic **** of a warden.

zia

zia

Associate
Currently playing Dark Souls 2 and bf1 finding bf1 more frustrating than dark souls.soo many things you miss in dark souls like the vengral npc never knew he was even there until i watched a vid.
Not found a weapon that i really like.like snake sword in ds1.used broadsword until found a ******* sword which i.ve upgraded to +10.Dark souls 2 seems a lot easier than ds1 and ds3

Zia

Associate
PIcked up Bayonetta, never played it before. While its a bit fanservice & cringey at times, theres a really good action game underneath. And great port, flawless at 4K. I've been enjoying it way more than lots of other games, worth a buy if you like that kind of thing

Soldato
PIcked up Bayonetta, never played it before. While its a bit fanservice & cringey at times, theres a really good action game underneath. And great port, flawless at 4K. I've been enjoying it way more than lots of other games, worth a buy if you like that kind of thing

Yeah it's a really cool game although it hasn't sucked me in the way I thought it would. I enjoyed the most recent Devil may Cry more. I think I'm just frustrated at how much I suck at it though! Stone trophy awarded after every stage for me...

Soldato
Really hooked on Borderlands 2 this past week. I started playing 2 years ago but never got very far but this time I've done it several times back to back to open up Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Now gimme the goddamn loot. :D

My favourite ever FPS. Poured 222 hours into that game and only started to get bored for the last couple of hours. I think I'm still in love with Moxxi!

Caporegime
I haven't got round to the Borderlands 2 DLC yet. I'm not sure when the best time to do it is. I was waiting until Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode but by god the difficulty has been upped considerably there. Gaige and Deathtrap are not faring particularly well for me. So I started again with Maya who should be good in UVHM as she can s-lag things with her powers. At least I'm hoping she will be.

I read Krieg is the best for UVHM but I haven't really looked at him and his skills.

Associate
Yeah it's a really cool game although it hasn't sucked me in the way I thought it would. I enjoyed the most recent Devil may Cry more. I think I'm just frustrated at how much I suck at it though! Stone trophy awarded after every stage for me...

I've had a mixture.. It's all about learning the punch(hold) kick(hold) punch(hold) for maximum damage. I didn't know that until the limited punch and kick challenge.. I had to Google it. You can literally take out some big enemies in one go if you get a good combo in.

It was made with replayability in mind, hence the challenges being hard

Back
Top Bottom