What PC games are you playing?

Associate
I started Bioshock 1 (remastered) last weekend and have had to shelve it, constant crashes when trying to save really disrupted the flow of the game for me with regularly losing progress :(

Soldato
I haven't got round to the Borderlands 2 DLC yet. I'm not sure when the best time to do it is. I was waiting until Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode but by god the difficulty has been upped considerably there. Gaige and Deathtrap are not faring particularly well for me. So I started again with Maya who should be good in UVHM as she can s-lag things with her powers. At least I'm hoping she will be.

I read Krieg is the best for UVHM but I haven't really looked at him and his skills.

You should play the DLCs. They are whole new areas with new stories and significant content. They are more like new levels/areas/story for the main game than just a bit of fluff.

Associate
I started Amnesia The Dark Descent on Wednesday expecting a terrifying experience. Whilst I'm enjoying it (it almost feels like a puzzle point and click in 3D) there's no real sense of jeopardy and as a result no real horror or scares. I'd say I'm maybe halfway through (just fixed the elevator/lift) and quite like the amnesia gimmick where I'm reading diaries written by my character and also enjoy the self contained nature of the puzzles.

Associate
  • GTA Online
  • Killing Floor 2
  • No Man's Sky
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
  • Prey
Yes, I actually enjoy No Man's Sky! I know it's fashionable to hate the game on account of the surrounding controversy, but it's actually quite palatable.

Soldato
Really that good? I've never played either. Should I start at 1 or just go 2?

I hated the first one and could never get on with it, but Borderlands 2 is my all time favourite game with over 500 hours clocked on it. I personally would just go straight to number 2. It has so much content and re playability to it be it in coop or single player.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really that good? I've never played either. Should I start at 1 or just go 2?

I played 2 first then went back to play the first one. I found the first Borderlands much more difficult at first before you level up a bit and find some decent weapons - I actually had to use cover in the 1st one quite a lot were I didn't really at all in 2. Still, I clocked up 133 hours in the first Borderlands game too... There is a bit of a follow on in the story from 1 to 2 but can't say it bothered playing 2 first - I don't think anyone really plays the Borderlands games for the story anyway - the script and humour from the characters you meet yes - but the overall story, probably not so much.

Soldato
I started Amnesia The Dark Descent on Wednesday expecting a terrifying experience. Whilst I'm enjoying it (it almost feels like a puzzle point and click in 3D) there's no real sense of jeopardy and as a result no real horror or scares. I'd say I'm maybe halfway through (just fixed the elevator/lift) and quite like the amnesia gimmick where I'm reading diaries written by my character and also enjoy the self contained nature of the puzzles.

I completed it myself a few weeks back. Whilst there are some great scary moments like some of the parts where you get chased or the 'water parts' but I agree, I handled it better than I expected. Certainly not as terrifying as Outlast, Alien Isolation or Cry of Fear.

Soldato
I've had a mixture.. It's all about learning the punch(hold) kick(hold) punch(hold) for maximum damage. I didn't know that until the limited punch and kick challenge.. I had to Google it. You can literally take out some big enemies in one go if you get a good combo in.

It was made with replayability in mind, hence the challenges being hard

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Soldato
Still in full anorak heaven with Transport Fever.
Having a fun time with (Xcom2's) Long War 1.3 mod. I'm awaiting this campaigns inevitable series of bad missions and equally inevitable rage quit!

Given up with Elite Dangerous for the time being. Got my geared up Cutter, Anaconda and a decent 100 million+ in the bank, but frankly I don't really see any point in getting out in to the big black.

I don't really want to play anything else graphically demanding until I get a proper video card to match up with my 1800X. My R9 380X can't really cut the mustard at 1440p. :(

Soldato
Just started playing Valkyria Chronicles after picking it up for £3.55 from Bundle Stars in their current sale. Its one of them games I would have never played as i'm not into anime, but I saw a streamer playing it recently and thought it was worth a go. Its like a mixture of xcom and anime, or as someone in the stream chat put it Xcom: Anime unknown :D

Soldato
- Alan Wake, got it free. Quite enjoying it.
- I have no mouth, and I must scream. Super old school point and click. Great.
- Just completed Mad Max. Obscenely good value for £3 and change.

Back
Top Bottom