What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Farcry 4

1/10

Due to only being able to use a controller and being a recent game I thought I'd have no problems with this game. Seems there is a massive bug for wireless controllers and renders the game unplayable unless I use a cord on my XB1 controller.

Really disappointed, I don't think I'll be buying steam games any longer as the last 3 games I've bought have had bad bugs, which results me spending ages finding a solution and getting frustrated as I just want to play the same game

Soldato
Playing Borderlands 2. Got it in the steam sale together with the dlc. I'm enjoying it, although I haven't progressed very far.

Associate
Currently working through Zombie Army Trilogy which I picked up for £5.99 in the steam sale - really enjoying it.
It's essentially left 4 dead with a sniping twist and Nazi zombies.

I think there's about 15 maps in all and each one is taking about an hour or so solo (probably even better coop I'm sure) - just about to start the 4th map and loving it so far, well worth the price.
It's nearer £30 out of the sale, so it's more of a stretch at that price but still pretty good value if you're into this type of game, especially if you've got some mates to run through it in coop. /forever[PC]alone :)

Associate
Path of Exile. Had tried it on and off over the years but never grabbed me (D3 casual tbh), never made it past level 40 i think. Decided to give it a proper go this time. It's actually kind of special once you scratch the surface & get your head around it.

Caporegime
I've had The Forest of Doom sat in my Steam library for quite a while, so I thought it was high time to do a bit of gamebook reading/adventuring on my PC! :)

Soldato
Farcry 4

1/10

Due to only being able to use a controller and being a recent game I thought I'd have no problems with this game. Seems there is a massive bug for wireless controllers and renders the game unplayable unless I use a cord on my XB1 controller.

Really disappointed, I don't think I'll be buying steam games any longer as the last 3 games I've bought have had bad bugs, which results me spending ages finding a solution and getting frustrated as I just want to play the same game

That would be the lack of XInput protocol implementation on the XB1 controller itself. Not the games fault, you can blame M$ directly for that goof.

I recently bought the XBox One S controller after being attracted by the audio headphone jack and bluetooth compatibility, unfortunately pairing with bluetooth isn't quite straight forward since the dongle compatibility can be hit or miss, you would think wired would be a perfect solution but even then there were still major intermittent issues so the only option was to purchase a wireless receiver which now allows it to work 95% of the time. The other 5% you deal with things like if your controller powers off when you leave a game paused for 10 minutes come back and it won't reconnect (even with a battery change) turn off game and reconnect and voila it works... yep and it's intermittent.

Warranty is only 30 days if purchased from the store and replacements may be sent but no refunds are allowed.

Last edited:
Soldato
That would be the lack of XInput protocol implementation on the XB1 controller itself. Not the games fault, you can blame M$ directly for that goof.

I recently bought the XBox One S controller after being attracted by the audio headphone jack and bluetooth compatibility, unfortunately pairing with bluetooth isn't quite straight forward since the dongle compatibility can be hit or miss, you would think wired would be a perfect solution but even then there were still major intermittent issues so the only option was to purchase a wireless receiver which now allows it to work 95% of the time. The other 5% you deal with things like if your controller powers off when you leave a game paused for 10 minutes come back and it won't reconnect (even with a battery change) turn off game and reconnect and voila it works... yep and it's intermittent.

Warranty is only 30 days if purchased from the store and replacements may be sent but no refunds are allowed.

I really do like my XB1 controller, I bought the newer one (in blue) due to not needing a dongle and it just connects through bluetooth straight away (Sometimes my laptop forgets this and needs re syncing).

I've never really had a problem with it up until now, for some reason when i connect to a wired connection I was restricted to the length of the cable and it made for some uncomfortable gaming, when i connected it wirelessly the ABXY buttons were used as a DPAD (in the wrong order, A being left or something) and every other button didn't work.

I was really disappointing with that as an actual bug if I'm honest, I'm just glad I bought it in the steam sale and could get a refund.

It really astounds me that through going onto the steam FC4 forum, there were 2 threads about this issue (slightly different but similar) and after 3 years since release they've not done anything about it. I really don't plan to buy any more ubi games as 100% of the pile I've had bugs and performance problems that has rendered the game unplayable.

However performance was really good on my laptop, and I actually enjoyed what I played however brief.

seriously considering a console, but due to me living between 2 towns I really can't be bothered.

Soldato
Deadly Premonition - really quirky game with definite flaws but also delightfully weird and pretty cool too with references to some of the finest 80's B Movie horror films. Very similar to the set up of the Twin Peaks TV series which I'm also watching just now after missing them the first time around and I'm actually confusing the plot of the game and the TV series a bit!

Firewatch - only an hour or so in but it look's great in it's own unique way and it's a real joy just walking around the forrest park - no idea how the story is going to progress yet but it feels like a well polished game so far...

Associate
Path of Exile. Had tried it on and off over the years but never grabbed me (D3 casual tbh), never made it past level 40 i think. Decided to give it a proper go this time. It's actually kind of special once you scratch the surface & get your head around it.

I'm currently running the Beta, all new acts are sublime

Associate
I really do like my XB1 controller, I bought the newer one (in blue) due to not needing a dongle and it just connects through bluetooth straight away (Sometimes my laptop forgets this and needs re syncing).

I've never really had a problem with it up until now, for some reason when i connect to a wired connection I was restricted to the length of the cable and it made for some uncomfortable gaming, when i connected it wirelessly the ABXY buttons were used as a DPAD (in the wrong order, A being left or something) and every other button didn't work.

I was really disappointing with that as an actual bug if I'm honest, I'm just glad I bought it in the steam sale and could get a refund.

It really astounds me that through going onto the steam FC4 forum, there were 2 threads about this issue (slightly different but similar) and after 3 years since release they've not done anything about it. I really don't plan to buy any more ubi games as 100% of the pile I've had bugs and performance problems that has rendered the game unplayable.

However performance was really good on my laptop, and I actually enjoyed what I played however brief.

seriously considering a console, but due to me living between 2 towns I really can't be bothered.

Funny enough I'm just playing through Far Cry 4 again myself, this time in 4k. I always play it with a controller and thankfully I have zero issues with an Xbox One elite wireless controller connectivity wise.

Soldato
I've been playing Total War: Warhammer recently and EVE Online. Both great games but I find EVE Online just too open ended for me and I get lost with what I should be doing.

I've always been a massive strategy fan and own pretty much every Total War game apart from the first two with all the DLC so I'm loving getting back into the series. Really looking forward to the 28th of September when Total War: Warhammer 2 comes out. Should be pretty damn fun to play that.

Back
Top Bottom