What PC games are you playing?

Associate
You are in for a treat. :) Witcher 1 and 2 is one of the few games I played more then once.

On that subject, playing Borderlands 1, done playthrough 1 and now on playthrough 2.. rather addictive game BL is. Got to be all that looting that one can do... :o :p

Both of those are great. Make sure you run through Tiny Tinas DLC for #2

Soldato
Just finished Mass Effect Andromeda and Hitman, just started Sniper Elite 3 and Dark Souls 3. I'm uncertain about purchasing Prey... Really wish there a modern day great sniper game.
Prey was great and quite different which I found really refreshing. As long as you don't pick it up expecting it be a straight FPS game then you won't be disappointed - my game of the year so far.

If you haven't picked up Shadow Warrior 2 yet then I highly recommend it - playing through it just now and it's quite brilliant. A game that doesn't take itself too seriously yet there is some much to do so much variety in the weapons, guns, skills and upgrades - the perfect game for me.

Associate
Prey was great and quite different which I found really refreshing. As long as you don't pick it up expecting it be a straight FPS game then you won't be disappointed - my game of the year so far.

If you haven't picked up Shadow Warrior 2 yet then I highly recommend it - playing through it just now and it's quite brilliant. A game that doesn't take itself too seriously yet there is some much to do so much variety in the weapons, guns, skills and upgrades - the perfect game for me.

Prey - not expecting anything really so that's good. More 'worried' about the subpar graphics anno 2017 than anything else really.

SW2 - I'll check that out, thanks for the suggestion!

Dark Souls 3 - just started it but keyboard and mouse is doing my head in, and I can't handle a controller so that's that then I suppose.

-- I wish we'd get a new Splinter Cell :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Prey - not expecting anything really so that's good. More 'worried' about the subpar graphics anno 2017 than anything else really.

SW2 - I'll check that out, thanks for the suggestion!

Dark Souls 3 - just started it but keyboard and mouse is doing my head in, and I can't handle a controller so that's that then I suppose.

The graphics don't compromise the gameplay, although I did have a similar thought when I first saw some footage. It's a superb game, mate. GOTY imo.

Associate
Playing Fire Pro Wrestling World which has recently come out in early access.

It's a long running wrestling series (more about timing than button mashing) and so far enjoying it - downloaded some player created wrestlers from the workshop and had them all go at it in a Royal Rumble - Andre the Giant won in the end, Big Boss Man and Mick Foley were close contenders though. :)

It's 2D and reminds me of the old wrestling games on the Megadrive and SNES, but with bigger more detailed sprites - worth a go as just watching the matches with custom characters (with good AI setup) can be pretty cool.

Associate
Just started playing XCOM 2 and am loving it, haven't had much experience on turn-based games but can see me getting into this. One of my mates has just started playing also, we tried the tactical co-op mod but it seems a little tricky to get going. Also I have been putting a little more hours into BF1 and really want the premium pass but just can't justify the price.

Associate
I'm currently playing Fallout 3 GOTY....and I'm struggling now. I LOVED Skyrim and put around 163 hours into it, but Fallout 3 seems really bland and repetitive with even less of a story than Skyrim and less interesting characters, and less variation in gameplay. I'm close to the end of the main quest but I feel kind of guilty for not really bothering with some of the side stuff I've read about.

Soldato
I'm currently playing Fallout 3 GOTY....and I'm struggling now. I LOVED Skyrim and put around 163 hours into it, but Fallout 3 seems really bland and repetitive with even less of a story than Skyrim and less interesting characters, and less variation in gameplay. I'm close to the end of the main quest but I feel kind of guilty for not really bothering with some of the side stuff I've read about.
It's more comparable with Oblivion than Skyrim.

Can't say I played any of the main quest (boring!) but the side stuff was fun.

Soldato
Been playing ESO abit with Grim Dawn now and then. Waiting on the XCOM 2 Expansions pack next then Original Sin 2!

The main story is meh tbh. But there are plenty of neat side quests IMO, give those a go. Some of the expansions are also neat, mothership Zeta is straight up wacky :D

Soldato

Keyb+m works flawlessly in DS3, much better than the previous games. I prefer it due to the superior camera control which comes in handy in certain boss fights.

Soldato
Had to abandon Deadly Premonition as it get freezing and crashing on me - gutted as the story was really intriguing. It may have something to do with the mod I used to be able to play it at 3440x1440 but I've no desire to remove the mod and start from scratch at 720p which the game is locked at without the mod.

Anyway - chose and started playing Layers of Fear from my library of horror games. One hour in and already had a few chills, think it's going to be really good. I was getting some serious micro stutters which was doing my head in and after messing around with the graphics settings it turns out that turning V-sync ON actually fixed it and took away the stutters - strange eh?

Last edited:
Associate
Metal gear solid v:phantom ( something )

My lord last time I played a met gear game was on the ps1 original. Still convoluted story.

This boss, that boss, this snake that snake, liquid,vapour,solid and Marzipan.

Still, enjoying so far runs great on pc.

Caporegime
Just started playing XCOM 2 and am loving it, haven't had much experience on turn-based games but can see me getting into this. One of my mates has just started playing also, we tried the tactical co-op mod but it seems a little tricky to get going. Also I have been putting a little more hours into BF1 and really want the premium pass but just can't justify the price.
It's on sale at the minute if that's any use to you?

Associate
Sniper Elite 4

Picked it up in the Steam sale. I think it'll keep me busy for quite a while, I seem to be a little anal when it comes to scoping out the area!

Loving it so far.

Back
Top Bottom