What PC games are you playing?

Caporegime
I found my old Warcraft III CD keys in an old notebook - lord knows where the discs have gone - but they worked in Battle.net so I've been playing that. Still great fun all these years later.

Soldato
Sunless Sea... Originally started it to fill the gap between the last major game I was playing and Rise of the Tomb Raider (which I got in Humble Monthly this month)... but am kinda hooked! The setting is really cool and I like how you can make a mistake and lose everything at any time, but it doesn't quite put you back to square 1

Associate
Had to postpone Rise of the Tomb Raider, even though I was enjoying it. Constant crashes, anywhere from just after loading to 3 hours into a session. Get DX errors.
Had to postpone Dishonored 2 due to it hardlocking my PC, not been able to find whats doing that yet, no errors etc.

And I keep getting pwned by Russians in CSGO casual. Not having a good time recently :(

Soldato
Had to postpone Rise of the Tomb Raider, even though I was enjoying it. Constant crashes, anywhere from just after loading to 3 hours into a session. Get DX errors.
Had to postpone Dishonored 2 due to it hardlocking my PC, not been able to find whats doing that yet, no errors etc.

And I keep getting pwned by Russians in CSGO casual. Not having a good time recently :(
That really sucks man. Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dishonoured 2 are both excellent games. Can't say I had any issues running either.

Associate
Hoping either the GPU or PSU is on the way out, wish something would hurry up and break. Saying that DCS and P3D are GPU heavy flight sims, and I have no problem running those, as of now anyway :D

Soldato
Hoping either the GPU or PSU is on the way out, wish something would hurry up and break. Saying that DCS and P3D are GPU heavy flight sims, and I have no problem running those, as of now anyway :D
If it was only happening in really graphically intensive games such as ROTR and Dishonoured 2 that could be an indicator that's its the PSU. I had a faulty PSU once and it was only on the games where my system was running flat out that it caused the system to crash and reboot.

Associate
If it was only happening in really graphically intensive games such as ROTR and Dishonoured 2 that could be an indicator that's its the PSU. I had a faulty PSU once and it was only on the games where my system was running flat out that it caused the system to crash and reboot.

I had the same thing years ago, was actually DCS that pushed the PSU over the edge and blew a cap off inside. Current PSU is 7 years old, a Corsair HX850. Comes with a 10 year warranty so we'll wait and see what goes pop.

Will try and persevere with tomb raider because it only crashes. Dishonored needs the PC to be switched off and on again, not restarted!

Soldato
The Park. Was really attracted to this game as its a horror based in an amusement park - two of my favourite things. Pretty creepy stuff with a messed up underlying story. You get to go on all the rides too although with quite a twist. Loved that the first ride told a twisted version of my favourite fairy tale - Hansel and Gretel (I still can't believe that for generation after generation we tell our children a story about an evil step mother who forced her husband to leave his children for dead in the woods only for them to stumble across a cannibal witch!!). Normal price of the game is £10 which is perhaps a bit steep as I understand it's quite short but worth picking up in a sale if you like a wee venture over to the darker side of things in life...

Soldato
Thinking about playing Saints Row 3. I tried it ages ago and wasn't impressed, but looking at the overwhelmingly positive steam reviews it might be worth another look.

Soldato
XCOM2 with Revenge of the Fallen DLC.

Hated XCOM1, played it for about an hour and thought it was dire, XCOM2 came out and so did not bother due to experience with XCOM1. The rave reviews of the XCOM2 DLC however wore me down and i finally caved. a few weeks ago.

I have no superlatives to describe this game, it is simply one of the finest games I have played on the PC. It takes quite a game for me to type that in. Finally, after what seems like 10 years, we have a new generation XCOM game that is worth the praise.

Well done Firaxis.

Soldato
XCOM2 with Revenge of the Fallen DLC.

Hated XCOM1, played it for about an hour and thought it was dire, XCOM2 came out and so did not bother due to experience with XCOM1. The rave reviews of the XCOM2 DLC however wore me down and i finally caved. a few weeks ago.

I have no superlatives to describe this game, it is simply one of the finest games I have played on the PC. It takes quite a game for me to type that in. Finally, after what seems like 10 years, we have a new generation XCOM game that is worth the praise.

Well done Firaxis.

I would caution, however, to start on Commander difficulty. I lost interest about 2/3 of the way through the game as there was just no challenge anymore.

Back
Top Bottom