What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I'm giving up on Dying Light for now. Will come back to it in a few months to see if it gels with me the second time round. Alien Isolation has got me hooked in the meantime. I'm running with some kind of AA mod and it looks amazeballs now. None of that horrid aliasing.
I found the same with Dying Light. I dabbled here and there but all told I actually finished it 3 years after starting it (not much gaming time either thesedays). The moment you access firearms and just how well those handled got me hooked. I found it difficult to put down then and it really was quite fantastic after that point. There is an arena bit where you have no firearms that was so well realised. One of the best gaming experiences for me.

Soldato
I found the same with Dying Light. I dabbled here and there but all told I actually finished it 3 years after starting it (not much gaming time either thesedays). The moment you access firearms and just how well those handled got me hooked. I found it difficult to put down then and it really was quite fantastic after that point. There is an arena bit where you have no firearms that was so well realised. One of the best gaming experiences for me.

I’m having the same issue. I’m sticking with it because there’s moments of brilliance. But a secret agent who gets knackered swinging a pipe four times annoys me.

Now I’m crafting some heftier weapons, have more slots and do more damage, it feels better. I still seem to spend a lot of time crouching on roof tops swinging at zombies’ heads.

Associate
So that’s me back to the unreal tournament alpha and boy has somethings changed . Control scheme reconfigured for some bouncy bouncy action , menu reminiscent of the OG game , deck 2k1 is in development , game feels like a true sequel now ... making my play through with quake champions feel crap ... oh and I’ve returned to WOT since the engine update ... impressed but still ultimately a f2p model I can’t agree with , unlike Epics with UT , pay for mods game is free .... I can get on board with that providing there is still free content if creators decide that’s better for the community

Man of Honour
OP

Once you get camflauge and don’t have to be scared of the night anymore.

Soldato
Dark Souls 2: SotFS - I really want to enjoy it but it's just frustrating. Outside of the gameplay issues that have been discussed to death I'm getting even more annoyed at some of the SofFS changes. Like why the **** spawn a pursuer in an area with six of the most annoying enemies in the souls series (dogs) and two of the second most annoying (archers) in places you can't easily kill them. Even if you go to kill them the Pursuer just despawns because you're more than two foot away from him. What's up with the sheer number of fragrant branch of yore statues as well? Must have ran into about 3-4 of them already and I've only done the first three areas. Feels so 'gamey'. I push on but I don't think my overall opinion is going to improve much thanks to SotFS.

Soldato
So that’s me back to the unreal tournament alpha and boy has somethings changed . Control scheme reconfigured for some bouncy bouncy action , menu reminiscent of the OG game , deck 2k1 is in development , game feels like a true sequel now ... making my play through with quake champions feel crap ... oh and I’ve returned to WOT since the engine update ... impressed but still ultimately a f2p model I can’t agree with , unlike Epics with UT , pay for mods game is free .... I can get on board with that providing there is still free content if creators decide that’s better for the community

Haven't Epic given up on this as they are too busy making money hand over fist with Fortnite?

Associate
I started the campaign for Battlefield 1 or what we the WW1 one is called. It seems like they have tried to do something quite interesting, not sure how good it is though.

I picked this up again recently and completed three of the campaigns over the weekend. I'd played a couple of the first acts of one campaign but didn't get into it when I first got the game. The fighter pilot story was very good, and I really enjoyed the tank driver story too; I won't spoil it for you but there is one part where it gets quite tense! You do get quite drawn in to the stories and it is definitely worth digesting the cut scenes. It's quite thought proving when you realise the experience was a horrific reality for many young men.

I then went into an online session and died within less than a couple of minutes on each occasion. I know you just respawn but it's quite frustrating when playing against what I surmise are experienced online gamers. I much prefer offline gaming and the BF1 campaign really is very short. I might pick up BF Hardline again after this, I didn't progress far through that game before putting it down.

Soldato
skyrim remastered..

ok i see where the skyrim hype is now

Its so easy to go down the 'mod' rabbit hole with this game. I have close to 300 mods installed with an ENB and it looks amazing. However the mod addiction stopped me from enjoying the game for some time, because instead of playing I was motivated in trying to prepare the 'perfect' environment.

Still playing this and also Baldurs Gate EE.

Soldato
Black Mesa

Brilliant! Looks great, as expected but I was surprised byt eh gameplay - it's even better than the original.

They have made it much harder in parts, which is great. They have also massively expanded some sections. All in all, it’s brilliant.

Associate
You made me want to play Skyrim. I played a lot of time in Morrowind. I finished Oblivion (Oblivion did not satisfy me) - so I took a break from TES.
If everyone praises Skyrim with a patch, I will try too

Soldato
Started Assassin's Creed Black Flag last night, but I just can't get it to maintain 60fps even when I turn the settings down (which I shouldn't have to). With Vsync on it fluctuates between 30 and 60 regularly, and with it off there's so much screen tearing and I can still feel the framerate fluctuating.

Shame, I've always heard good things about it but it's painful to play like that.

Soldato
I got an hour into Hellblade which is amazing really. Playing with headphones on. The visuals and sound certainly are some of the best out there.

Then I stuck GTAV as wanted to play something casual and thought I would plod round the city etc. Not played it for ages either since I completed it. I then tried the first person mode and wow!! It's awesome. Started the campain again shortly after...

Soldato
Its so easy to go down the 'mod' rabbit hole with this game. I have close to 300 mods installed with an ENB and it looks amazing. However the mod addiction stopped me from enjoying the game for some time, because instead of playing I was motivated in trying to prepare the 'perfect' environment.

Still playing this and also Baldurs Gate EE.

It really is. I've just installed a combat mod, going to edit my ENB so i can see a bit clearer in the dark and call it a day and start enjoying it now!

Back
Top Bottom