What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I played both, loved the map in Origins, it was incredibly atmospheric. Odyssey is MASSIVE, same old Ubi with some refinements, the gameplay loop is enjoyable but there is repetition. The world is beautiful as usual and some quests are really nice, better than in Origins. Combat is different, faster and more offensive with more skills. Both games are good, IMO, though I slightly favour Egypt over Greece and the size of Odyssey is somewhat overwhelming (90h in and I've seen a half of the map).

Associate
It’s getting more exciting now I’ve got to Alexandria. Have you played AC Odyssey? If so, how does it compare to Origins? I’m wondering if I should pick that up as well whilst it’s on sale.
I felt the same way as you do about Origins, I just couldn't get into it at first and I've loved every single AC game since the beginning. But I went back to it and persevered with it and ended up enjoying it. Odyssey is a much better game, grab it now if its cheap.

Associate
What games am i playing according to this thread title.

I am or have played command and conquer yuris revenge.

First off i use the origin app to download red alert 2 and yuris revenge.

Then i go to https://cncnet.org/ so i am able to play this game online with others since the original servers of ra2 is down.

So far about 200 people are online with the cncnet app since i last checked which was 15 minutes ago, yea 15 minutes ago since i posted in this thread.

Dan

Caporegime
I felt the same way as you do about Origins, I just couldn't get into it at first and I've loved every single AC game since the beginning. But I went back to it and persevered with it and ended up enjoying it. Odyssey is a much better game, grab it now if its cheap.

The main problem I've having (so far) is that it doesn't feel very Egyptian. I had to have a quick look on Wiki to brush up on history but it seems the game is not set in ancient Egypt at all but in the times when the pharaohs had fallen and the Romans were in charge. Alexandria feels too much like Greece. I know there are pyramids at Giza to see when you get to a higher level up so that's something to look forward to. So it's kind of in a period of history that doesn't seem especially interesting.

I probably should have plonked for Odyssey instead but I don't know if there are story arcs which link the two games or not. Should have done more research!

Man of Honour
This weekend, I’ve started and just finished ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ and ‘Wolfenstein: Old Blood’

Wow. What fantastic games. Really made me feel the love for FPS games again. Got New Colossus downloading, cant wait to play it

Soldato
This weekend, I’ve started and just finished ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ and ‘Wolfenstein: Old Blood’

Wow. What fantastic games. Really made me feel the love for FPS games again. Got New Colossus downloading, cant wait to play it

I loved the first two like you - found new colossus a tad underwhelming and the controls for single or duel wielding were proper confusing - it’s pure comedy with the fat German daughter - make sure you allow the characters to play out all their dialogue as some of it is clever and very funny

Associate
Been playing lots of WoW and world of warships recently. Waiting for BF5 on xmas day so I can finally play that also!

Tempted to purchase the Jurassic Park game on steam as it's currently on sale, worth it?

Caporegime
Are you sick of me talking about Assassin's Creed yet? :p

Just booted up Odyssey and straight away I can tell this is going to be better than Origins. Even with just 10 minutes of checking it out. It just feels "right" and actually seems like it's going to be something like "The Witcher 3" with having conversation choices which affect the story. Anyway, going back to Origins now. This is my final post on the subject.

Soldato
I am having a run through of Fallout 3 plus the DLC. Don't know whether it's me, but on medium level the game seems rock hard compared to FO4 (I'm not bothering with '76). Weak weapons that deteriorate quickly, unless you do the Anchorage missions early game to get the Gauss Rifle and winter armour. Even then, these can't be updated and after the perk matrix in '4 the basic levelling of '3 is very frustrating. No crafting or modding your equipment and on missions very little in the way of aid or ammo (looking at you, Vault 92). It's almost like playing on Survival mode without actually playing Survival!

Not to mention having to take a 2 mile detour through the Metro system to get somewhere 200 yards away in Downtown!

Leaving the Pitt and Point Lookout until much later, the latter in particular will kick my posterior.

Soldato
Any good, tempted to pick it up to use with my new headphones?
Depends if you like survival games. I'd say this one is quite hard compared to most as the crafting is limited and there are items that can only be crafted in forges. There are only 2 in whole game and depending where you spawn it might take ages to get there. So unless you're lucky and find arrows/ arrow heads hunting for food will be difficult as rifle ammo is rare. At £6 is definitely worth a shot.

I tried to get into this, but like most 'survival' games I find them so slow and hard to get in to at the beginning.
As most survival games it depends a lot on where you spawn and how lucky you are with loot at the start in Sandbox, though for me that's the interesting bit. Once you have decent gear it gets easier and quite repetitive. They redone the story mode so maybe give it a try again.

Associate
Forza Horizon 4 - First one I horizon played, played all the normal Forza games. really liking it so far, nice to have lots of 'different' things to do!

Also got Fallout 76... only played an hour or so seems ok so far haha although basically Fallout 4.

Hitman 2 im only on the 3rd mission

Soldato
Back into Pillers of Eternity 2 now that all the DLC has been released. Love the game and now moving onto final bit of DLC.

I'm looking forward to playing through again with the dlc, though tbh I'm not sure I'm actually that excited about any of the dlc from what I've read. The game was great though.

Back
Top Bottom