What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I'm looking forward to playing through again with the dlc, though tbh I'm not sure I'm actually that excited about any of the dlc from what I've read. The game was great though.

Beast of winter was enjoyable and had a reasonably solid story to go with it. Enjoyed that and the puzzles. Seeker, slayer and survivor is story light and mostly going all out with combat mostly, so fun if you enjoy slightly more challenging battles. Not yet started the last one.

But yeah if you playing through again, worth a pickup regardless imo. Love the base game.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Picked it up in the Steam sale.
I have to say that I am enjoying playing as Kassandra. She has to be one of my favourite AC characters so far.

Soldato
Spoiling myself over the Xmas holidays with Star Wars Battlefront 2 (which is now available through Origin Access by the way), Dishonoured and Shadow of War. Also trying to play Subnautica a bit but I find survival games so dull - need to try and persevere until I find a bit of storyline as an incentive to keep going...

Soldato
Got about 15 hours in to AC Odyssey before getting bored. It is not in the same league as Origins. Tbh, the best description of it I can give is this--it is an Ubisoft game released a year after Origins. Next October we'll get the same game a year on, then so on and so on. Unfortunately this seems to mean filling it with more suff each time that has no depth to it. It looks to me like they might get stuck in the same rut they were in from Revations to Unity. Shame as I'm a big fan of the series and thought Origins was really excellent and could have been the start of something special.

I've gone back to finish Dragon Quest XI now. I started it a while back but got distracted by Red Dead.

Soldato
Went back to heroes of the storm after originally ragequitting over the news of HGC being cancelled and staff moved away from the game.

Cant stay mad at it... I simply love that game.

Associate
Got about 15 hours in to AC Odyssey before getting bored. It is not in the same league as Origins. Tbh, the best description of it I can give is this--it is an Ubisoft game released a year after Origins. Next October we'll get the same game a year on, then so on and so on. Unfortunately this seems to mean filling it with more suff each time that has no depth to it. It looks to me like they might get stuck in the same rut they were in from Revations to Unity. Shame as I'm a big fan of the series and thought Origins was really excellent and could have been the start of something special.
I'm surprised you didnt like Odyssey, I preferred it to Origins. Done run-throughs with both characters too. Wont get another in October as Ubisoft said AC has gone back to a 2 year release schedule.

Associate
Starting to get a backlog, currently half way through rise of the tomb raider and wildlands while playing a career on Pcars 2. Just bought battlefront 2 and middle earth shadow of war, space hulk deathwing and mad max. So I’ll be kept busy for a while I think......

Soldato
I'm surprised you didnt like Odyssey, I preferred it to Origins. Done run-throughs with both characters too. Wont get another in October as Ubisoft said AC has gone back to a 2 year release schedule.

I'm surprised too, I really rated Origins very highly

I have warmed to it a bit now, but still maintain it is not as good technically as Origins. It looks to me like a game that was rushed out in a year. The animations in particular are disappointing. I've not seen worse horse animations(then again I've been spoiled by RDR2, which has the best horses ever in a game).

You don't often notice when animations are good, but when there is something off about them it can affect the whole game. Everything seems sped up to me which makes everything seem like there is no weight behind it.

I am back on course with the game now though, and did enjoy my last session.

Associate
Fired up and old knackered Vista laptop to use an old snapshot printer that doesn't work with anything else and thought 'I wonder if Battlefield 1942 still works?'. Rummaged out the disk from the darkest recesses of the under-stairs junk storage and yay! it does. Had a fun couple of hours re-living 15 years ago.

Is it worth trying to get to work on my MSI? I know it's technically possible with patches but I'll probably do it then never play it.

Associate

I have warmed to it a bit now, but still maintain it is not as good technically as Origins. It looks to me like a game that was rushed out in a year. The animations in particular are disappointing. I've not seen worse horse animations(then again I've been spoiled by RDR2, which has the best horses ever in a game).
Actually you've inspired me to go back and have another playthrough of Origins! I think I can pick up the extra DLC for it quite cheap now.

Soldato
Back onto Dark Souls 2 SOTFS.

I was close to completing the original launch a few years ago, and after hammering the original on my switch, I decided to start this up again as a glass cannon build.

Good fun

Associate

You don't often notice when animations are good, but when there is something off about them it can affect the whole game. Everything seems sped up to me which makes everything seem like there is no weight behind it.

I am back on course with the game now though, and did enjoy my last session.

Apparently the games were developed at the same time by seperate teams. I prefer Odyssey personally.

Associate
Just completed Doom, quite enjoyed it:

For:
Exceptional performance
Fun and frantic gameplay
Excellent levelling mechanics
Huge amount of secrets
Satisfying kills

Against:
I know it's Doom but I HATE collect and retrieve missions (key cards)
Very repetitive
Lame boss fights
Meh story

I wasn't too bothered with completing Doom initially, I then switched to Xbox controller and it was infinitely more fun to play :O

Rating - 7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom