What PC games are you playing?

Nioh, it passed me by on release but after playing Soulsbourne and Sekiro to death i thought id give it a shot. Its pretty good, combat is great but holy hell once past the opening mission everything can one shot you given the right circumstances :O

Soldato
Dead Space 3 - coop with a mate - fantastic game, had it sat on my account for years before trying.
The Division 1 -, it is a fantastic coop PvE game.
As ever Pinball...... Julys table for me is Bride of Pinbot.

Associate
Go loads on the go at present:

3 kingdoms total war - dong Zhou campaign

Witcher 3 goty- playing with ghost mode after finding EE mod to hard to master.

Steel division 2 - solid rts but awaiting a few hot fixes as it was probably released a month to early. New campaign is great though.

Baldurs gate EE - running with a 99 roll paladin.

Battle brothers - solid game and really hard, great challenge if you like these kind of games, mount and blade style map with tile based combat.

Close combat last stand Arnhem - remake of bridge to far, bigger campaign map but ai sucks, would be great versus human.

Multiplayer wise I am playing Stellaris and Civ 4 with a good friend. Civ 4 ai is so good.

Soldato
Bought The Long Dark in the Steam sale and started the story mode last night. I planned on just having a quick dabble to see what it was like and ended up sinking 6 or so hours into it :eek:. I know a lot of people roll their eyes about all these Unity survival games, but I can't get enough of them and this one is right up my street. The story mode surprised me as well, as I was expecting the voice acting to be dodgy, but it's actually good and the story is pretty interesting so far. Hopefully after the story mode the survival mode will give some extra longevity to it as i'll probably try the harder difficulties and see how long I can survive.

Soldato
I'm currently playing the new Hitman 2 mission - New York bank heist. It's pretty good, albeit a very small level in comparison to the others.

Soldato
I just started Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice having got it in the Humble Monthly... I didn't know much about it going in but enjoying it so far - really fantastic atmosphere and presentation, though the gameplay itself is a bit stunted - it's sort of one or two steps up from a "walking simulator" (in that there are some things to do including some combat but they're really not the main focus of the game at all)

Meanwhile the wife and I are just about at the end of Borderlands 2... it's been fun but honestly I think it has solidified for me that I just don't get/like these "looter - shooter" type games all that much. Enjoy them for a little while but eventually I just find myself feeling bored and wondering when the game is going to be over - how many more missions that boil down to "go to location X and shoot some people and maybe interact with one or two objects" do we have left?... There is some fun to be had discovering cool new gun combinations and such, but even the most interesting gun in the world is boring when there's nothing cool to do with it. The characters are interesting, but the story is completely forgettable drivel to the point where I couldn't even tell you what's going on or has happened across the course of the game

Caporegime
Dunno whether I'm losing my gaming mojo or whether these games are generally regarded as a bit naff. The latest one I'm having trouble with is Shadow of War. It doesn't seem like a worthy successor to Shadow of Mordor in the hour that I've been playing it. What are you guys' thoughts?

Soldato
Dunno whether I'm losing my gaming mojo or whether these games are generally regarded as a bit naff. The latest one I'm having trouble with is Shadow of War. It doesn't seem like a worthy successor to Shadow of Mordor in the hour that I've been playing it. What are you guys' thoughts?

I enjoyed SOM and completed it 2 or 3 times. I thought SOW was so pish I didn't get anywhere near completing it.

Back
Top Bottom