What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Just finished Desperados III. Thought it was excellent in general. Took me a good while to get through, I'm overly cautious and I jumped in and out between other things.
The last part of the last mission was stupidly tough, well it was for me; nearly rage quite on more than one occasion! With that in mind, has anyone played the DLC? How tough it is? I like a challenge, but that last mission wasn't much fun.

Associate
I've recently returned to PC gaming after a long illness and I find most modern games too complicated. I'm struggling with Elite Dangerous at present and my brain hurts.:)
I've just got Game Pass for PC and tried Desperados III, but I just could not make any progress - maybe I'm just too old - I prefer Command & Conquer Remastered which is a faithful remake of the game I started my PC gaming on in 1996.
Age of Empires IV is taking a lot of my time too and I have played thousands of hours in the Age Of Empires games.

Soldato
I'm still struggling to find my new obsession, I'm not touching Cyberpunk for atleast another year. Or until the vast majority of bugs have been fixed, which seems to be taking them a long time. It's a game I really want to enjoy.

Other than that there's just nothing that's really gripping me, AoE 4 is okay, Forza is more of the same, Halo keeps ctd for me.

I keep considering going back to EVE but I just know I'll end up either space trucking again or mining for hours on end and eventually spending money on more and more plex to get ahead, again.

On the plus side there appears to be quite a few new titles in 2022 that look interesting.

Associate
A plague tale: Innocence.
The story feels great so far and the gameplay is fun but doesnt' seem as challenging. Been playing it mostly over the last 2-3 days and believe I would be at the end of it soon (if so might be a bit short).

Soldato
Gotten a bit further into Tales of Arise and it's really fun but I also dug up Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY in my Steam library, which I received (along with all the other games in the series) as compensation for the mess Arkham Knight was on release. Installed and seriously eager to give this a spin after all these years, I completed it on console after release and never played it later. It's the only game in the series that has this somewhat ominous atmosphere and feeling of seclusion, as soon as I saw the Asylum I immediately felt the urge to play it:p The sequels, while good games, have lost a lot of this by turning into sandboxes with needless busywork and they felt less focused than AA.

maj

maj

Soldato
Mostly Far Cry Primal. One of the best in the series imo and being able to tame the wild animals is a nice touch. Quite far through AC:Valhalla but even though it's set in England I'm struggling to find the motivation to complete the rest of the story.

Soldato
Bought the Amanita Design bundle on steam. The games are brilliant especially taking turns with my children. We've done:

Samorost 1/2/3
CHUCHEL
Machinarium

And we're on Creaks now.

And still a few to go. They are all brilliant.

Soldato
So ploughing through Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance on the PC (stealth dropped onto steam a few days ago).

Last time I played this was on my GameCube nearly 2 decades ago, and I am still enjoying it.

It is a bare-bones port over from the recent console re-release, however, it does support ultrawide natively.

So it seems expensive in the UK, but over here in India (the region where I live and work), it is about 6 quid......bargain.

Soldato
Started a new playthrough of Dying Light in preparation for Dying Light 2 next year.
Halo Infinite but I have completed the main story and for me it was a disappointing game overall so not sure if I will do all the side stuff.

Soldato
Hooked on 'gambling site link'. Plenty of freebies, good selection of games. Not to mention - they have an amazing range of slot providers! These type of games will always have their place in my heart, they've been with me for way too many years.

He comes back one year later to edit his post and sneak a link to an online gambling site in the text.... very clever.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got Sid Meier's Beyond Earth in the Steam sale. It seems OK after a few hours.

I've been playing Civ4 for the last few months, so it looks mighty pretty in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom