What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Think I'm getting a bit jaded in my old age :D

Got Forza 5 at launch, enjoyed it for a bit but got bored of it fairly quickly.
Picked up Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice cheap, played it for a couple of hours, got bored with it.
Picked up Nier Automata cheap, played for a few hours, got bored with it...

I've spent more time playing games on my MiSTer than on the PC lately :cool:

Associate
While I have Game Pass I've decided to play through the Master Chief Collection. I'm actually quite excited for this. I hear that the first three games are some of the best.

Man of Honour
Started playing Motor Town: Behind the wheel, surprisingly good fun.

I'm glad I saw your post. I'd never heard of that game, but on a whim I went looking for it. I hardly ever bother with early access games - why would I pay for a bug-ridden incomplete game that might not ever be fixed or finished? But I saw how active the dev is on that game and I watched some gameplay videos and I realised it's an old school dev so their scale of what constitutes a release version is completely different to modern devs. Motor Town v0.6.0 is closer to being finished than many modern games are in their final release versions. So I bought it. And played it for 5 hours. As you say, it's surprisingly good fun.

Have you found the bank? I noticed a building on the map on normal zoom, next to a road near the SW of the island and swung by to look at it. A bank...hmm...maybe I can get a loan to buy a big lorry and maybe that will work out cheaper than working as a driver using someone else's lorry. You can get out of your vehicle, enter the bank and

It's been robbed and is deserted. Hole blown in the wall, safety deposit boxes forced open. A nice touch by the dev, I thought.

Maybe I'll get around to investigating the other buildings visible on the map at normal zoom. But for the time being I'm working as a taxi driver.

There's a road in the far east of the island, close to the town there. It leads off east to the coast, maybe to an adjacent small island. But when I went there I found it's a steep rocky dirt road and my crappy rear wheel drive pickup truck couldn't get up it. I wonder if any vehicle can or if it's a placeholder for future expansion.

Soldato
@Angilion Not much played yet, I've done a few hitchiker missions and that's it. Using a pickup at the moment for small deliveries.

Miles off from buying a house or car yet I don't even had 200 coins/dollars/whatever.

Man of Honour
@Angilion Not much played yet, I've done a few hitchiker missions and that's it. Using a pickup at the moment for small deliveries.

Miles off from buying a house or car yet I don't even had 200 coins/dollars/whatever.

Taxi driving is decent for money to begin with. You can drive the basic taxi from L1. The more comfortable taxi requires L3 IIRC. The main advantage is that it has a comfort rating of 4 compared with the basic taxi's 2 and quite a few passengers pay a bonus for comfort. Just take any taxi job on the map and you get the use of a taxi. You pay ~30% to the owner, but it's still decent money. When you drop off a passenger, your navigation switches to point you to the nearest passenger.

One "important" thing I found about taxi driving is that the more comfortable taxi will do 190kph and will drive into the sea. The fastest road I found ends quite abruptly at the coast and the brakes aren't very good :) You can drive around underwater, which brings back nostalgic memories of Crazy Taxi. You can also walk around underwater. It cost me 1000 to get the taxi towed back to a road after it got stuck on the sea floor, but it was entertaining.

I bought a basic taxi from a dealership for myself so I wouldn't have to pay a large chunk of every fare to the owner. Then I replaced the puny 4 cylinder engine with a V8 because I could. I didn't upgrade the suspension or brakes or tires. It handles even worse now than it did before, but it's more entertaining. Probably not so much for passengers as it wallows and rolls and drifts and wheelspins :) I found afterwards you can use non-taxi vehicles as taxis if you choose the miscellaneous (maybe labelled as "extra") upgrades section in the tuning shop and buy a taxi licence. If I had known that, I would have bought a basic comfortable car ("Elisa", IIRC) and a taxi license. But maybe I'll save up for a supercar and use that as a taxi for a laugh. Or a lorry.

There are vehicles for sale at some places other than dealerships, too. Just parked in various places. I've seen 2 or 3, including a luxury RV for 150,000. Way out of my price range. I currently have the hilariously overpowered taxi and a very basic pickup truck and about 15,000.

Soldato
I've been playing halo infinite campaign. I think it's brilliant, it's been a while since I've been sucked in like this into a game.

Kinda funny how you can zip around like Spiderman once you have upgraded the grapple hook :D

Man of Honour
I've seen cars parked on the road side but wasn't sure what they were, no "owned by" or prices on them.

I think those ones have broken down and you can fetch them and take them to a tuning shop to get them fixed if you're driving a tow truck. I know that's a thing you can do. The ones you can buy have a price over them. The ones you can use for jobs have an icon over them, showing the job type.

Just been looking at this on steam looks decent got a £20 steam voucher for Xmas so might give it ago.

I'm still liking it after about 7 hours. Considering it cost me £10.25, it's looking like good value for money. It's an odd game because if you play it normally it's very slow paced. Literally - you can be waiting at an intersection or taking a winding road up a steep hillside at 20mph in a lorry. The vehicles have cruise control and even full autopilot if you want to keep on trucking while you have a pee IRL or whatever.

Soldato
Been playing Space Haven non stop since i got it in the sale. Such a chill and laid back game i can leave on while watching something else on another screen.

Also abit of blade and sorcery in VR when im feeling abit devious lol

Soldato
Destiny 2, currently grinding the 30th Anniversary content to get that exotic ship!
Escape from Tarkov, very new player just learning the ropes offline.
Skyrim Anniversary Edition, upgraded tonight and started a vanilla play through on survival mode.
Bejeweled 3, quick and easy to pick up and play, but does contain a bug where progress randomly gets reset.
theHunter: Call of the Wild, amazing relaxing game.

Back
Top Bottom