What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Playing Kingdom Come : Deliverence - very good game, story and characters really sucked me in.
It Takes Two - with the missus, nice breath of fresh air (playing on TV at 4K 60, 3060ti doesn't break a sweat).

Soldato
Having great fun with The Surge 2 at the moment. It's on Game Pass, which prompted me to try it out after liking the first one until about two-thirds of the way through and then getting a bit fed up of it.

This one lacks the dark and oppressive atmosphere of the first, but the devs have nailed the combat a lot better this time, I think. It just feels great to play - tactical and sometimes tough, but fast and responsive with a nice variety of weapon movesets and gear and implant bonuses. It's a lot easier than the first and perhaps too easy on the whole for a Soulslike (it felt hard early game, but then quite straighforward to steamroll through), but definitely aces the key test of making the game feel fun to play.

Associate
Started Dying Light 2. Replaying Immortals Fenyx Rising as id not played the dlc when it come out. And still playing (and really enjoying) Expeditions Rome. Getting the hang of it all now. Almost conquered Asia. Got a decent team and understanding the praetorian guard teammates roles too now.

Caporegime
Project Osiris.

Originally, an Amiga FPS (Alien Breed, IIRC) but ran in GZDoom so as to work on the PC.

A few levels in and I'm rather enjoying it! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sticking with THPS 1+2 and back to Tales of Arise, both really good fun so far. Just pondering if I want to get Elden Ring on release, Tales and Yakuza might be enough for Japanese practice but I'm tempted:p

Soldato
Star wars, Jedi- fallen order, a superb game with a massive story to follow, huge areas on several planets to explore. Lots of wall running and jumping etc
I finally finished it and looked forward to replaying with new journey+ which gives you the impression you keep all your weapon upgrades etc. But no, all you keep are your clothing and lightsaber colours you might have changed so a big disappointment there.

Associate
Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Been sat in my Library for quite a while, now I have a decent system I can finally play it.
Enjoying so far and the exploration is superb. I'm a big naff at the combat but it is a great experience.

Detroit: Become Human, picked this up over Christmas and finally installed it. Nice change of pace, excellent graphics and voice acting and an interesting story.
Quick time events in game aren't really my thing in games but it balances out with other game mechanics.

Associate
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I played HR late last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, but thought I'd wait a few months before tackling another Deus Ex game, so here we go.

One thing about these optional stealth type games. I try and try with non lethal approach, but within a few hours I just go full berserk.

Caporegime
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I played HR late last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, but thought I'd wait a few months before tackling another Deus Ex game, so here we go.

One thing about these optional stealth type games. I try and try with non lethal approach, but within a few hours I just go full berserk.

That's exactly what happened to me. I got fed up of trying to Ghost the first couple of levels on the hardest difficulty that I just let rip for the rest of the game. Way more fun. :p

Back
Top Bottom