What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Just Finished Supraland. Really nice game. It took me 20 hours or so and i only managed 42% completion. I have defective sense of direction, in real life and in computer games. So i tend to prefer more linear games, where i'm not walking off in the wrong direction for ages. I did keep getting lost because of this, and there is no map. I'm also colour blind, which didnt help in a few of the puzzles.

I did really enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone. The puzzles are harder than the cutesy graphics suggests. I had to resort to a walkthrough occasionally out of frustration. This says more about me, than the game though.

8/10 from me.

Caporegime
AW3423DW. Throughout the game the dark areas of levels, and especially one act where it is all black and white is just the best on OLED with HDR. Makes it such an immersive experience especially in a dark room. I think so far it is th eonly game that has highlighted the pros of OLED gaming to me so far, and that's with me having completed Cyberpunk 2077 as well.
Return of the Obra Dinn must look awesome on an OLED

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Never heard of that but checking it out on STEAM right now it appears the BG isn't black but an off dark bogey colour, so would look similar to how it does on an LCD display really. If the BG was pure black then yeah that would be a different matter!

Associate
Lost my love of P.C. gaming for quite a while, so thought I'd try something different.

Picked-up Anno 1800 for 8 quid and immediately lost 5 hours of my life.

Man of Honour
Lost my love of P.C. gaming for quite a while, so thought I'd try something different.

Picked-up Anno 1800 for 8 quid and immediately lost 5 hours of my life.
Anno 1800 is really good, especially on co-op. All of the DLC is good for it too. Grows into an immensely large game content wise

Soldato
So I finally got around to finishing off Cyberpunk 2077 this weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed the closing chapter where I definitely felt I wrapped up the story exactly how I wanted to. It's been a play through that I've been in and out of since its release in 2020 (crazy to think that now) but over the last week I closed off some remaining side missions and finally finished the game. I have to admit I loved the story arc in the game and in its current state it runs really well (4k mostly maxed out settings, no RT).

I'll definitely look to start a fresh playthrough once the next big patch lands but I'm glad I went back to this.

Soldato
Just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 goty edition. I've only just set it up graphically and drive around corner to drop off some frozen fish lol. Funnily enough in real life I'm not a driver so the odd road sign didn't make sense to me so I may need to down load a highway code app to help out. Hopefully I can spend some hours on this game chilling.

Associate
Playing Cult of the Lamb at the moment. Really good but didnt think itd be that difficult. Gonna restart on Medium i think. The base management is what ive struggled with. Think i took on too many followers early on, and cant seem to ever find enough stone/wood to build. And then my beds are falling apart taking the little i do have. And then the stone mine and other one run out so have to replace them. Some really fun parts to it though. I had a doctrine telling them all Death isnt the end. Then got another one where they 'ascend' ala Logans Run.

Associate
As someone that has never really been in to D&D and only played a few RPG's (usually first person), something drew me to Divinity: Original Sin 2. I honestly dont know why - just not my type of game, but I watched a few reviews and started it last week. As you say, wonderful game and I am still learning the ropes. The dialogue is fantastic and I love that the voice acting features loads of UK accents. It has made me laugh in places and I am really enjoying the turn based combat - again something I have shyed away from in the past. Looking forward to sinking more hours into it and seeing where it goes, but this could open up a whole new genre of games to me.

Still loving this. I got about 10 hours in and left Fort Joy, but realised that my squad was woefully underpowered. So, I started again with a better idea of what is required. I now have what I think is a much better chance of succeeding when I leave Fort Joy. I can't believe the depth to the game though. Just realised that you can combine items to change up your gear. I checked a few guides as to what sort of things you can craft and there are loads. The combat I still think I am not great at. I am splitting up my team and positioning them before a fight if possible, but I tend to then leave them where they are for the duration of the fight and I think that might be a mistake. I did win one fight be forcing the opponents to follow my through a choke point and then killed them with fire! :D

Caporegime
Well it's done. For the first time in almost two decades I am without any console and exclusive to PC now from this point forth. So I now get to tackle my massive Steam backlog. First up is Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

Back
Top Bottom