what psu

Soldato
/\/\ That one. The platinum model is only a fiver less at the moment & the gold rated model is £25- cheaper. Unless you are going to run the new PSU 24/7 over the next 12 years at full load, I doubt you'd make £25- in efficiency savings TBH but heigh ho. Either way buy any Seasonic prime model with confidence.

Soldato
Why do you want Platinum or Titanium ? You are just wasting money that way. There are plenty of solid Gold rated units that will do the same job for a lot less. So ones like the Corsair TXM and RMx, Phanteks AMP, Bitfenix Whisper, SuperFlower Leadex III Gold etc.

Soldato
i have a fairly similar set up and went for https://www.overclockers.co.uk/supe...old-modular-power-supply-black-ca-05e-sf.html , its very quiet and seems to be more than upto the job.

Its only gold rated but i wasn't going to spend an extra 60 quid to get the platinum version for an extra 4ish%!! efficiency.
Very few PCs need 1kW PSU and that works barely as basic 80+ PSU at PC's idle/desktop draw.
Something like 150W load is needed to get efficiency to actually Gold levels with that oversized PSU.

Associate
Soldato
Do all the top Seasonic units have inline capacitors?

The TX, PX and GX don't as they have moved the inline capacitors into the PSU for better cable management.

Above is also true for older Ultra series, as TX, PX, and GX are effectively ultra's series with just a branding difference.

Back
Top Bottom